WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Inov-8 295s, Dirtygirlgaiters, Superfeet Black.

I am having the same dilema. I want to move from my boots (Salomon Quest 4D GTX w/ green Superfeet) to a pair of trail runner types. I haven't had any problems with the boots as far as blisters, but after 20-25 miles, my feet are sore. I have wide feet, and collapsing arches, so I worry about that. I wear Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11s size 12 for running, and they did wonders for my feet in that department (no shin splints for the first time ever!). Do the Cascadias fit similarly? Has anyone done any hiking in Adrenalines?

My first real hike in them will be in West Ireland, so I gotta get these right.

I hike/climb in Merril Chamelons. They're awesome, super light, and dry quickly. They are very comfortable, and I will be buying another pair when these give out.

Images

Nike free running shoes. This summer I'll wear some 5 fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter503 View Post
    I am having the same dilema. I want to move from my boots (Salomon Quest 4D GTX w/ green Superfeet) to a pair of trail runner types. I haven't had any problems with the boots as far as blisters, but after 20-25 miles, my feet are sore. I have wide feet, and collapsing arches, so I worry about that. I wear Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11s size 12 for running, and they did wonders for my feet in that department (no shin splints for the first time ever!). Do the Cascadias fit similarly? Has anyone done any hiking in Adrenalines?

My first real hike in them will be in West Ireland, so I gotta get these right.
    I run in Brooks Adrenaline's and hike in Brooks Cascadia's they feel simiar in their support. Hiked to the bottom of Grand Canyon and back last weekend in the Cascadias. Legs were dead but my feet felt great.

Trail runners, running flats, five fingers, or light (15oz) soft leather ankle boots.

Whatever I am wearing now, from the above list, they no longer sell. Everything changes too fast.

Journal Entries

so i got the innv8 with rei trail runner gaiters. I tried the super feet green but raised my heel to much and moved around to much but gonna just use the normal soles, they worked on a short 8 miles hike.
    Please visit my blog and Let me know what ya Think please!
    >>>>>>>http://hikeul.blogspot.com/
    <<<<<<<

Images

The widest and most comfortable shoes I have found are made by Altra. Their Lone Peak trail runners have a wide toe-box, aggressive tread, and zero-drop (no rise in the heel). I used to make due with 2E or 4E sneakers, but they still pinched my toes. If you can find Altra shoes in your area, try 'em on and see what you think.

http://www.altrazerodrop.com/webapp/...2_69006_176903
    IAT '03, AT '04, PCT '06, CDT '07, CT '08, PCT '09, AT '10, CDT '12, AZT and PCT '13

Quote Originally Posted by Winds View Post
    Yikes, that doesn't sound good at all. So quality is lacking I see as some write about. I still have / use the Merrell shoes from the late 90's that were the grandfather to the Moab and they're still doing great, about 50% tread left. What is 'YMMV'?
    Hey Winds, "hiking the dream 2014", are u thru hiking that year? Also I'm considering the Moabs as well, and I think 900 miles is very good for that type of shoe. I had contemplated going into 3 pair for my planned thru. My body weight and a proposed 25-30 pd load will definitely made a dent in the moabs.

Hey HoP! Yeah, Mar 2014 NOBO.

I am your age, will be 200-210 (fighting weight too) by the time I set sail, and shooting to get under 40 for pack weight.
    Yes, I agree that 900 is good for those shoes. A couple weeks ago, I tried the Moab wides on with Superfeet at REI and figure I will buy them 1 full size big. With the Superfeet, I can control all aspects of a comfortable fit and plenty wide enough AND in the toe box for sure.

On a surprising up-note, I watched a guy's 2010 thru-hike compilation video and caught his picture about 2/3 thru where he was swapping his Moab and got a good shot of the sole. I am hoping to make it on 2 pairs but may also hike with something a little less (and different) in the middle.

There is a group started on Facebook if you muddle around there. Email me for more info. (Email below)

Nice to meet ya!

Journal Entries

Default got

Just got these yesterday the Brooke puregait trail runners, my innv8 moved around to much on my heal and decided to get something else. Day before the hike ill be sure to update on how they do on the trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please visit my blog and Let me know what ya Think please!
    >>>>>>>http://hikeul.blogspot.com/
    <<<<<<<

+1 on the Merril Chamelons. Light, dry quickly, and comfortable. Even handled the snow and ice well earlier this month in GSMNP. Currently have 2 pairs, and will be buying at least another in the future so I will have mutliple pairs broken in when I do my thru hike.

Lightweight, breathable trail runners from Inov-8
    "The woods do that to you, they always look familiar, long lost, like the face of a long-dead relative, like an old dream...." - Jack Kerouac

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++