WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Made a travel pod

The design made by a guy named Risk. Basically it is it DWR 1.1 ripstop nylon wrapped around the hammock. Included in my system is a 1/4" Oware pad cut to size inside the hammock. 20* Sleeping bag included. This very light system kept me warm below 30* The problem is major condensation! I thought the ripstop nylon was breathable. Any way to wash/clean the DWR out of the fabric? Thanx ahead, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ncmtns
    The design made by a guy named Risk. Basically it is it DWR 1.1 ripstop nylon wrapped around the hammock. Included in my system is a 1/4" Oware pad cut to size inside the hammock. 20* Sleeping bag included. This very light system kept me warm below 30* The problem is major condensation! I thought the ripstop nylon was breathable. Any way to wash/clean the DWR out of the fabric? Thanx ahead, Bill
    Try using the normal amount of detergent in a home washing machine. It will take a lot of the shine and water repellancy out out of the fabric.
    Walk Well,
    Risk

Author of "A Wildly Successful 200-Mile Hike"
    http://www.wayahpress.com

Personal hiking page: http://www.imrisk.com

Default It's not a DWR problem

The cause of your condensation isn't lack of breathability. It's the temperature/humidity gradient between the inside and the outside of the fabric surface. If the fabric's temperature is at or below the dew point of the air inside the hammock or tent, moisture will condense on the fabric, with or without dwr treatment of the fabric.

The solution is ventilation.

Pete

++ New Posts ++