WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I really like your truck.

We use to have a term in the hospitality business of "bar hag". You seem to have taken on a new journey of "trail hag", following the hiker flow from south to north without actually getting off your backside and walking. There is probably a chance to write a book about that, if you can get it out before the last trail driver.

It's cool you are having such a great time. Maybe someday you will walk.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    We use to have a term in the hospitality business of "bar hag". You seem to have taken on a new journey of "trail hag", following the hiker flow from south to north without actually getting off your backside and walking. There is probably a chance to write a book about that, if you can get it out before the last trail driver.

It's cool you are having such a great time. Maybe someday you will walk.
    I wish I had the time, money and vehicle to have a good time and cruise around the appalachians, meet folks, go to the NC shore. No PUDS & no MUDS. Sounds like a fun summer to me.
    He's got a really cool truck!

Hahaa yes one day I am sure I will - but for now the mission is to drive around the world. And helping hikers get to where they need to go has been a great way to start my journey.

I changed the head gasket behind Machiavelli's Bar and Restaurant in Bristol, TN really great people in that town! (And the best pizza in the world)

Currently in Wanyesboro, VA shuttling again!! On Monday I am going to get the coolant flushed and put the new thermostat in so I can return to doing long distance shuttles. I am unfortunately down to $50 so I may have to go off trail for a month to live with a friend in DC and get a job so I can continue to Maine. I plan on driving the whole Skyline Drive to Front Royal in hopes of being able to stay on the trail. So if you need a ride give me a ring.

See you up the trail :- )

Unfortunately I have had to get off the trail for a month or so due to running very low on funds. If my van did not have the problems it had I would still be on the AT thanks to all the love and support from the hikers! I made it all the way to Harpers Ferry exactly two months since I started shuttling. The people I have met and the good times I have had are part of one of the most incredible experiences of my life :- )

I lucked out and scored a job my first day off the trail at the Kettler Capital Iceplex in Arlington, VA. I will be driving the Zamboni for the next month or so which will enable me to continue shuttling all the way to Katahdin!

Have a good hike and if you are coming into DC give me a ring,

Rock Ocean

813-347-2781

Good luck to you!!!

If anybody is in need of a shuttle around the DC area including the Shenandoah's and Harpers please call me a week ahead of time and I should be able to get off work to get you where you need to go.

Also doing shuttles to the Ocean, Ocean City and Assateague National Seashore. Which would be a nice break for any thru hiker that just hiked half the AT :- )

Rock Ocean/813-347-2781

Here are some photos from my first shuttle trip to the Ocean: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5574619&type=1

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ocean View Post
    If anybody is in need of a shuttle around the DC area including the Shenandoah's
    Where are these "Shenandoah's"? I can't find them on any map. I can't find them in any family historical records.

Yeah I know it's unimportant, but I'm trying to do my part of stopping this from become accepted usage (right next to the phrase "The Shennies").
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Where are these "Shenandoah's"? I can't find them on any map. I can't find them in any family historical records.

Yeah I know it's unimportant, but I'm trying to do my part of stopping this from become accepted usage (right next to the phrase "The Shennies").
    -----> <-----

I put in my 2 weeks notice today at my job at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex. I will be going out to Colorado for a friends wedding and when I return on August 8th I will be shuttling again on the Trail :- ) I plan to get back on in Harpers Ferry where I got off, and make my way North over a couple of weeks to the New York-Connecticut area. I hope everyone has been having a good hike and I can not wait to get back on the trail and see you all.

Rock Ocean
    813-347-2781

Images

I put in my 2 weeks notice today at my job at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex. I will be going out to Colorado for a friends wedding and when I return on August 8th I will be shuttling again on the Trail :- ) I plan to get back on in Harpers Ferry where I got off, and make my way North over a couple of weeks to the New York-Connecticut area. I hope everyone has been having a good hike and I can not wait to get back on the trail and see you all.

Rock Ocean
    813-347-2781
    Are you bringing the truck, if not you can park it at my house............I really like your truck.

Of course I'm bringing the truck, how else would I shuttle hikers? I don't know about leaving it at your house - you and the van might not be there when I get back :- ) Would love to stop by, I will pm you when i'm around your area.

Images

Nice to see you here Rock Ocean! I first met you in Erwin then again in Damascus where I did enjoy your shuttling and guide services. About to head to Harpers Ferry but no time for a surf safari this year. Not until I hit Katahdin anyway. Oh and I met hard rock. Hope to catch him and smokey. Stay free!

Mulligan

I will be getting back on the trail tomorrow morning at Harpers Ferry to provide shuttling services - after having to get off for 2 months due to running out of money. I have a shuttle on Friday the 10th from Jonestown, PA to Pen Mar. After that I will be heading up to Portland, Maine to meet a friend. On the 15th of August I will begin following the trail down back to the NY/NJ area over 9 days. I will be getting off for a few days to visit a friend in NYC for his birthday from the 24th thru the 27th. After that I will continue my shuttling services from NY all the way to Katahdin more then likely until heading back home to FLA on the 23rd of September. It has been an incredible journey thus far and I hope this second half will be even more amazing. So if you need a shuttle please give me a ring, because you never know how close I maybe. Have a good hike, and I hope to see you soon :- )

-RockOcean 813-347-2781

After flip-flopping Ridiculous from Harpers Ferry to Maine I am sad to report that my shuttling services are once again on hold due to the van possible needing a neu head, but hopefully just another head gasket. But of course once again I find myself in the hands of very helpful humans :- ) I am in Augusta, ME at Matts place the local car fixer. I am being fed I am cleaner then I have been in 6 days I have power in the van I have wifi, and most of all I have you. Thanks for the support.

One Love,

RockOcean

Hey Ryan - We were grateful for the shuttle service to PenMar before you headed for Maine! We made it back to our car at Lickdale in 8 days! Wishing you well and hope you get your van back on the road soon!

Good to hear that Shelly, your welcome. Turns out the head is bad and the pistons may be bad as well. Lucky for me my brother sells VW parts and I found the best mechanic in Maine that is letting me do all the work at his shop, and camp here! So hopefully I will be back on the trail shuttling again with a brand new engine in a couple of weeks. I was only 50 miles short of where Ridiculous needed to go - he decided to hike with a hiking buddy and he came and picked him up when the van broke down.

Images

Of course I'm bringing the truck, how else would I shuttle hikers? I don't know about leaving it at your house - you and the van might not be there when I get back :- ) Would love to stop by, I will pm you when i'm around your area.
    I meant that I would look out for it while you were at that wedding. But, I will find that Zamboni sticker for the van. When I find it, I'll PM you! Can you skate?

Images

Rock Ocean, you gave me and Yoda a ride out of the SNP into Waynesboro... Thanks dude! you rock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++