WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Personal Contact Pennsylvania

I am a state college, pa resident planning next spring to do my thruhike. I was wondering if I could personally meet with any of you and discuss your experiences on the trail. Please respond
    Matt

The worst sound you can hear in the woods isn't a bear or a wolf but a chainsaw!

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

Come to Trail Days! May 13-15 (I think - it's the weekend after Mother's Day) in Damascus, VA.
    So be it.
    --John

Matt, I plan to be in Lewisburg, PA (about an hour from State College) the weekend of April 30th. I'd be glad to give you my two cents worth.

Send a letter to Jester2000 on this list; he lives in Philadelphia and would be glad to help you out.

Also consider coming to Trail Days festival in May and better yet, to the ALDHA Gathering in Hanover, NH, in October (see www.aldha.org)

I know folks from PA who are planning to attend BOTH events; if you think you might want to attend, lemme know and I'll put you in touch with them.

Images

The PA Ruck is usually in January each year at the Ironmaster's Hostel at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. Good trail people, good trail information.

http://www.artofthetrail.com/paruck.html

Come to the Gathering in NH in October, the Ruck in PA in January, and if all else fails, or you want something sooner, come to the KTA worktrip on the Link Trail (near Mount Union) the weekend of April 9th. Jim and I will be there, and others who have hiked the trail. (The price for picking our brains is some work on the trail, but in return you get a bed in a bunkroom and breakfast on Saturday.) See http://www.kta-hike.org/ktacare.htm

Willie Girl

Hi Matt, I just joined today (1/20/08). I want to thru hike soon. I live in Philipsburg, Pa. Are you still in State College? Love to talk to you about long distance hiking.

GA-ME 78, sectional 81-01 HIKER7s's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slvrmon82 View Post
    I am a state college, pa resident planning next spring to do my thruhike. I was wondering if I could personally meet with any of you and discuss your experiences on the trail. Please respond

Hey, If your around SE PA, drop me a line or email.
    I hiked that ridge Pop told me not to that morning.
    Each time out, I see that same ridge- only different.
    Each one is an adventure in itself. Leading to what is beyond the next- HIKER7s

Old thread alert!!!

Invitation still stands to the trail work event on the re-named Standing Stone Trail, though - 2008 date posted to http://www.greateasterntrail.org/april.html

Images

PA ruck is this upcomming weekend!!

Are any WBers planning to attend the Keystone Trails Association (KTA) spring meeting in Wellsboro, Apr 18-20, 2008?

I'm in the State College, PA. also - be glad to talk with you.

++ New Posts ++