WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    What's the opening pitch? "I'll show you mine (stove) if you show me yours?"
    "Hey baby, I got ramen. My stove or yours?"
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    "Hey baby, I got ramen. My stove or yours?"
    That's so hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagehead View Post
    I mailed him one today. He seems very helpful/respectful. I like his blog.
    The stove arrived, and it seems really solid. I'll probably take it out this weekend.

HJ
    Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving

Wow the posts. Like I was saying, if you would of left out the "women" part of the discussion you would not have half the negative posts. Thus alienating potential customers. A better way would be to start a thread and discussion on stoves, then targeted people you wanted to use/try/promote the product and PM them privately for a better outcome. Good luck!!

Dude you've truly stepped in it here. Your only way out is to give free stoves to the first 65 posters.

I don't get all the flack about pigs. I thought is was better than the daily threads about how much your tent should weigh. Who wouldn't want a nice cuddly 250# pig at a shelter? Can't be any smellier than the average hiker. Pigs won't borrow you map, cell phone, or fuel. They will steal your beer. I don't think they drink the hard stuff as most animals won't.

Maybe its time to let cabbagehead off the hook and forgive and forget. Then y'all can get back to arguing about how long cheese will last or bazooka usage for starting camp fires! By the way I'm all in favor of bazookas as a fire starters as they a multi use tool!

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I don't get all the flack about pigs. I thought is was better than the daily threads about how much your tent should weigh. Who wouldn't want a nice cuddly 250# pig at a shelter? Can't be any smellier than the average hiker. Pigs won't borrow you map, cell phone, or fuel. They will steal your beer. I don't think they drink the hard stuff as most animals won't.

Maybe its time to let cabbagehead off the hook and forgive and forget. Then y'all can get back to arguing about how long cheese will last or bazooka usage for starting camp fires! By the way I'm all in favor of bazookas as a fire starters as they a multi use tool!
    Bazookas are currently banned WV and CT
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Juice:1266608

Bazookas are currently banned WV and CT
    No, you just need a concealed carry permit and a six foot long shoulder holster!

Images

No, you just need a concealed carry permit and a six foot long shoulder holster!
    You can get them at Wal-Marts or Party Plus: Party Goods stores.

My bad, are Utah permits still pretty much valid in all the states?
    Buy the ticket, you take the ride. - Hunter S. Thompson

Journal Entries
    Images

I can give free stuff to anyone I want to. No one has a right to get anything free from me.
    David Smolinski

If i was looking to buy a "bottle stove" I would want to see a comparison of burn efficiency next to other alcohol stoves like the caldera cone, super cat, and vargo.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    It's interesting how people easily forget who designed the stove that he's giving away.

Bill Ballowe of the White Box Stove doesn't seem to mind though or else he would have been here to compliment him on his replica.

Thank you for finding information on who invented the stove. I'm going to put this info. on my site. I can assure everyone that I did several patent searches to make sure I could legally produce this design.
    David Smolinski

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    If i was looking to buy a "bottle stove" I would want to see a comparison of burn efficiency next to other alcohol stoves like the caldera cone, super cat, and vargo.
    This is the only official comparison that I know of. http://ecotrakker.com/birding/2012/0...l-bottlestove/
    Other people and I have done some burn tests. Cindy from SoulsurvivorX2 (youtube) liked this stove more than the super cat. The super cat is a quick burning stove that might actually make more sense for certain instant foods, but less sense for pasta or cabbage. I'm sure you could find numerous videos and reviews for the stoves I make.
    David Smolinski

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    It's interesting how people easily forget who designed the stove that he's giving away.

Bill Ballowe of the White Box Stove doesn't seem to mind though or else he would have been here to compliment him on his replica.

I love my White Box Stove...and Bill was awesome to deal with. I would recommend them to anyone.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Default turtles.

I like turtles. And boobs. And sammiches.

Default Free Stoves for Certain Through Hikers / Thru Hikers

And bazookas too

Images

I am female, I am only hiking 550 miles this year, and my superCat and simmerCat only weigh 13 grams together. What makes this stove so special that I should want one? Do you need a separate pot stand to use it?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy of PA View Post
    I am female, I am only hiking 550 miles this year, and my superCat and simmerCat only weigh 13 grams together. What makes this stove so special that I should want one? Do you need a separate pot stand to use it?
    I received one of the stoves to test out, and I can tell you that you don't need another pot stand for it.

If you use a super cat and simmer cat, my assumption is that you already have a cooking style/system in place that works for you. You probably wouldn't receive any benefit of this stove over what you already have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++