WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT-TOPO MAPS at http://www.at-topo.com Has anyone here bought this? Opinions...thanks

I was going to buy this, but I wanted input from the pros before I do. Thanks for replies.

http://www.at-topo.com

There isn't a contact listed under contacts on site, which makes me worry alittle.

Images

At $20 I'm tempted. The samples look good and these would be handy for trip planning. But no, I've never seen these before.
    "You're a nearsighted, bitter old fool."

Registered User Edwardo Rodriguez's Avatar

Hum I have to say at first site I like the way it looks for $20 not to bad I can see me using that with either the companion book or the data book. When I click on the contact, I get an email address [email protected].

Looks good...seems to good lol. I might take the plunge and find out. Thanks for replies and if anyone else has input please do. Thanks!

Images

I have something very similar from National Geographic featuring TOPO for the GSMNP. I think mine was $18. You could input your waypoints for any trail and save them on the disc, print them out and so forth. It was just OKAY. Kinda neat. IMHO, Google Earth has sub links that are just as good if not better.

Registered User Edwardo Rodriguez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBOZ View Post
    Looks good...seems to good lol. I might take the plunge and find out. Thanks for replies and if anyone else has input please do. Thanks!
    Yea if I had the money now I will buy a set

Images

Quote Originally Posted by P-Train View Post
    I have something very similar from National Geographic featuring TOPO for the GSMNP. I think mine was $18. You could input your waypoints for any trail and save them on the disc, print them out and so forth. It was just OKAY. Kinda neat. IMHO, Google Earth has sub links that are just as good if not better.
    One more thing is that you can "fly through/over" the trail and see the terrain and what you're going to be dealing with. But again, Google Earth does the same thing.

I'm curious what format these are gonna be. It just says a"DVD" with topo-maps. I guess one could print them, but then again, I'd rather just have them on the smartphone/ipad...

++ New Posts ++