WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: NOC northbound

Default NOC northbound

There is a rather long climb NOBO after the NOC. Any campsites along that climb that anyone could confirm? Thanks in advance, thru hiking and lovin it!

http://www.postholer.com/ontrail
    2011 H.F.-Duncannon, Katahdin-Rangeley
    2012 Springer-Erwin

Not that I can remember, but then I wasn't looking for one. I'm pretty sure it's just one long, slow climb (and no water) until you get to the next shelter.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Springer to Atkins, VA

If my memory serves me....maybe one site about half way up the climb...but no water...there is a good campsite along the trail just north of the blue blaze to Sasafrass shelter....

Here's a thread on same subject I asked last August http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...outdoor-center

Images

I remember a sort of flat area with some big rocks around it.......but we were so focused on just getting up that stinking hill to the shelter that the scenery is a bit of a blur now.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hiked it Sunday and are 3 or 4 camp sites but only water is on rocky slope over half way to shelter.

Journal Entries
    Images

Just hiked NOC to Sassafras. As I remember there were at least 2 spots between them where one could camp.

Yes, there are a couple of camping spots but no water on your way up as I recall. Before I made this climb, I had read over and over how difficult this was. Honestly, I found the climb to be no big deal. Next time I do this climb, I hope the weather is better so that there are some views. That day started out rainy and ended with mixture of sleet and snow.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

++ New Posts ++