WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Big agnes sleep system

Does anyone have experience with the following set up?

Hennessy Hammock
    Big Agnes Horse Theif 35o
    Big Agnes insulated air core pad (rated to 15o)

I am trying to figure out if this is going to keep me warm enough in southwest VA during the 3rd weekend of April? I think the temps tend to be around 55/45 but the lowest forecast for next ten days is 45o/30o though it should be warmer then that (i hope)

Thanks for your help,
    Granger

Images

My experience with the BA insulated air core pad by itself with my hammock, is that the the pad is comfortable down to about 40 to 45 degrees. I sleep in silk long-johns, my hiking shorts and a shirt, while using a WM Megalite as a quilt. I carry a 30 x 20 x 1/2 inch piece of closed cell foam to use under the BA pad in the region of my butt/lower back. This keeps me comfortable down to 35 degrees or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Repeat
    My experience with the BA insulated air core pad by itself with my hammock, is that the the pad is comfortable down to about 40 to 45 degrees. I sleep in silk long-johns, my hiking shorts and a shirt, while using a WM Megalite as a quilt. I carry a 30 x 20 x 1/2 inch piece of closed cell foam to use under the BA pad in the region of my butt/lower back. This keeps me comfortable down to 35 degrees or so.
    Cool, thanks. I guess I'll have to look into some extra insulation.

++ New Posts ++