Default Beat this, macho men!

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/1...cords_climbing

I see some very young thru hikers in the future!

And to think I complained when my husband took our daughter to the Rumney Rocks when she was four!
    Quilteresq
    2013, hopefully.

Amazing! And begs the question, why do we coddle our children? Challange them! Trust them! Our kids are far more capable than we give them credit for.

Thanks, that is easily the best thing i've seen on the web for months.

FYI, Trish has quite a blog with videos of her daughters trips. I ran into Alex and Trish on top of Mt Washington on blustery winter day recently. I think Alex has recently finished the 4000 footers in winter (next book?).

Sages and Alex's dad lost his legs in a climbing accident years ago, for his daughters final summits he hiked up with his prosthetics.

There is a monthy hikers get together near their home in NH, the girls usually show up with mom. Unless you knew them, you wouldnt think they climbed mountains. Trish home schools them so they dont tend to get exposed to stereotypes as to what kids can or cant do.

Images

Alex did finish her winter 4k's this year, on Flume a couple of weeks ago. http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthrea...-March-17-2012

Patricia Ellis Herr's daughter has. Volunteered that is! Alex Herr accomplished the feat of reaching the summit of all 48 of the 4,000-plus-foot mountains by the time she was 6, becoming the youngest one of the youngest ever to manage the task. And let's be clear here.

Thanks!

Where is your daughter now?

Just put the book on my Kindle, thanks.

Dick

Cool, I am going to send that to my niece. (though her mother may shoot me) She is 9 and has been following Sunshine's AT journal as well.

--louis

Finally, more female hikers! Gotta train them young!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    FYI, Trish has quite a blog with videos of her daughters trips. I ran into Alex and Trish on top of Mt Washington on blustery winter day recently. I think Alex has recently finished the 4000 footers in winter (next book?).

Sages and Alex's dad lost his legs in a climbing accident years ago, for his daughters final summits he hiked up with his prosthetics.

There is a monthy hikers get together near their home in NH, the girls usually show up with mom. Unless you knew them, you wouldnt think they climbed mountains. Trish home schools them so they dont tend to get exposed to stereotypes as to what kids can or cant do.
    his dads story is both remarkable and controversial. hugh herr was known in climbing circles as the mechanical boy. this is a family that knows no limits

++ New Posts ++