WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    ..... and they both look Soooo happy, and rightly so, time to go rest up!
    Time to rest up and stop at every DQ on the way to Oregon.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Glad they made it. Some pretty wicked T storms blew through here last night and early in the morning. More rain in the late morning and unsettled all day. I guess they were just far enough north and west to miss most, if not all of it.

Sunshine looks mighty thin, she needs to eat a lot in the coming weeks. Guess it figures with the kind of miles they consistantly do. Pretty amazing actually.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Sunshine looks mighty thin, she needs to eat a lot in the coming weeks. Guess it figures with the kind of miles they consistantly do. Pretty amazing actually.
    My daughter looked that thin at age 12. It is not uncommon. It doesn't necessarily mean it is because of the thru, but I'm sure she will put on a few pounds over the next month or so. To me, from the pic, she looks like the picture of health.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Time to rest up and stop at every DQ on the way to Oregon.
    Yeah man on the DQ, and that dosen't stand for Designated icecream licker It stands for Go away, I'll lick my own icecream thank you very much. It also stands for "Don't Quit", keep them Banana Splits coming..........

Oh yeah, and Dairy Queen!
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-24-2012 at 20:20.

Thanks for the well wishes and Congrats everyone! We saw that storm in the forecast and it was the final reason we pushed hard to finish the 23rd. We also missed a big snow storm last year on the PCT because of a similar last minute push. We had a great hike and feel very blessed to have done it together. Sunshine actualy gained weight, grew 1 inch, and a 1/2 shoe size on the AT. When we got home, we discovered (as suspected) that she out grew all of her non-hiking clothes. We have learned from experience how to stay healthy on the trail. This year was particularly easy to stay healthy with all the town access. Sunshine is a tall thin girl geneticly, not from thru-hiking. I weighed 100 lbs my freshman year and 127 my senior year of highschool. Yes! We are great DQ fans as well! Thanks again everyone.

You did great, dad.

I am gonna check out Joe to Go on my thru next year...........lol

That should be very entertaining ChinMusic, enjoy. Please share the story with the rest if us later. We've enjoyed hearing the many Joe to Go stories over the summer.

Balls and Sunshine; I met you guys on the trail just south of Katahdin Stream. It was great to finally meet you and it was definately an inspiring experience. I am still heading SOBO and I am currently chilling in Monson after cruising through the 100 Mile. Good luck on you future hikes guys and I hope to run into you again!

Happy Trails!

They are currently in Oregon. The are planning on assisting Monkey as she tries to break Sunshine's PCT age record.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    They are currently in Oregon. The are planning on assisting Monkey as she tries to break Sunshine's PCT age record.
    That is very cool, and absolutely in keeping with good sportsmanship, I love hearing things like this, if long distance hiking ever becomes an Olympic sport, these two young-ins would be right at the top of the list, many adults could take a lesson here. Thanks for reporting on this Chin, I always enjoy hearing the updates, keep em coming.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++