WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Best way from Asheville Airport to Hot Springs

I have someone meeting me on the trail, they are flying into to Asheville. I figure to mee tthem in Hot Springs.

Any suggestions on the best way to get from Asheville airport to Hot Springs?

Also for those of you with expereince on the trail, about how many days, rough estimate, would you say it would take to get from Springer to Hot Springs? I am pretty good shape.

Thanks for the time and attention.

--jacob

El Sordo
    Images

call Ms Janet for the shuttle.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Stir Fry

27 to 30 days to go from springer to hot springs for the average hiker.
    If it do'nt eat you or kill you it makes you stronger
    'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by jacobrama View Post
    I have someone meeting me on the trail, they are flying into to Asheville. I figure to mee tthem in Hot Springs.

Any suggestions on the best way to get from Asheville airport to Hot Springs?

Also for those of you with expereince on the trail, about how many days, rough estimate, would you say it would take to get from Springer to Hot Springs? I am pretty good shape.

Thanks for the time and attention.

--jacob
    Ms Janet should be able to help you BUT if not Curtis at Standing Bear may be able to help you out, or may know of someone that can do it. Contact Digger, he is on this site and I think he still is in the ATC in AVL. He may also be able to point you in a good direction.
    Call or email Bluff Mtn Outfitters in Hot Springs, they also may be able to help. If you get in a situation and can't find anyone, let me know. I know plenty of people in and around there that may be able to help you out that don't "shuttle" but may help out a hiker. Good luck
    P.O. Box 114
    152 Bridge St.
    Hot Springs, NC. 28743-0114
    Phone: 828-622-7162
    Email: [email protected]
    Last edited by Chaco Taco; 04-18-2012 at 09:53.

I'm happy to take them to Hot Springs. What day are they flying in? I can only do Saturday or Sunday

PM me if interested

Why not meet in Fontana Dam. Jeff and Nancy at Hike Inn do shuttles to and from Asheville. I'd guess that's about a week shy of Hot Springs

++ New Posts ++