WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Irishbastard/Roadside,

Just cause I am curious or my reading comprehension is not up to snuff, why do you post about yourself with a different username and write under the username about Roadside in the third person? Am I correct in understanding that "Irishbastard" & "Roadside" are are your username and trailname? I hope you don't think I would judge you for this... I am just confused. Is it a marketing or branding effort?

[QUOTE=IrishBASTARD;1278621 Heard a guy named "ROADSIDE" got mugged on trail fifty feet before "Burningtown Gap". Heard alot of "Roadside" actually sounds like a cool guy overall.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    Irishbastard/Roadside,

Just cause I am curious or my reading comprehension is not up to snuff, why do you post about yourself with a different username and write under the username about Roadside in the third person?
    Based on his first post in this thread looks to me like he was trying to make a name for himself. But a smart WBer (don't remember who) outed him just a short time later.

Yeah, I was aware of the" outing" when I posted here. With the new posts in this thread I was only drawing light to the facts.

Journal Entries

Default Where u at?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    Wondering about the thru-2012 CLASS. Where are you if God willing your not hurt or just got bored...and hitched home. What are your backgrounds reasons for joining up...and where on the trail you are? Any stories both interesting and weird. Heard a guy named "ROADSIDE" got mugged on trail fifty feet before "Burningtown Gap". Heard alot of "Roadside" actually sounds like a cool guy overall. But how many cool thru's have you met...hope a ton. All thes best to CLASS 2012 & BEYOND.
    I was wondering were the crew ended up that started Springer on April 8th? Robo and Tink? Seminole? Brown? Chief? Hook and the rest?? Hike On!!!

Miller

Left April 7th finished October 7th! Rudy the amazing trail dog did the entire thing with me!
    Robo and Tink left in Caratunk and were planning on coming back to finish, Seminole booked it and finished months ago, brown got off in caratunk and plans to return,I summitted with Salsbury, Hot Pants, and Hook

I started July 23 at Baxter State Park and I am currently in Duncannon, PA. I am expecting to pick up the pace again as my distractions will be down to a minimum, less this blasted hurricane coming through! There are a lot of SOBO's on the trail still and most are rocking through! Onward Southward!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGerman View Post
    I started July 23 at Baxter State Park and I am currently in Duncannon, PA. I am expecting to pick up the pace again as my distractions will be down to a minimum, less this blasted hurricane coming through! There are a lot of SOBO's on the trail still and most are rocking through! Onward Southward!
    Good to know... keep on truckin....

Images

Punchline.

I started 4/24 and made it to Erwin by the Thursday before Trail Days (5/17?), before having to hitch home for job stuff. Stuff has been a bit... difficult... adjusting back afterwards and dealing with some of life's presents, so I've actually actively avoided a great deal of hiking forums for a while. But I'm back, WB.

Here I am this 9th day of December, my b-day by the way, enjoying a porter and watching the game at an awesome trail angel's house outside of Catawba, VA. I am no longer on pace to finish w/in five months I am now on pace for five and one half months and I am not upset about it at all. I am very fortunate to have a supporting wife who has visited me whenever we could make arrangements, most recently 4 days in Front Royal, with a grand total of 35 days off trail with mein frau all making my hike that much better! I will be off trail with Mrs. AG for xmas starting the 22nd and will not start walking again until the 26th.

The single most important piece of advice I've heard on the trail, as cliche' and trite as it may be, is... HYOH!

Good luck SOBO's, almost there BABY!

Well folks, I completed my Southbound Thru-hike with another SOBO on 9 Feb 2013. What a glorious day it was too! A pic for you to boot!

P2090044.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGerman View Post
    Well folks, I completed my Southbound Thru-hike with another SOBO on 9 Feb 2013. What a glorious day it was too! A pic for you to boot!

P2090044.jpg
    Congrats!!!!! WTG!!!

Images

Congratulations, AngryGerman. What an accomplishment! (And a great photo, too!)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGerman
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by RWheeler:1361798
    Punchline.

I started 4/24 and made it to Erwin by the Thursday before Trail Days (5/17?), before having to hitch home for job stuff. Stuff has been a bit... difficult... adjusting back afterwards and dealing with some of life's presents, so I've actually actively avoided a great deal of hiking forums for a while. But I'm back, WB.
    Ahh, one of the people i named on the trail.

Hope everything is going good for you Punchline. Hated to see you leave after trail days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++