WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WooHoo! I finally got a TD Sidewinder!

So, I recently entered a contest going on over at Trail Groove and I won! The winning package was a 1.3L Evernew UL Ti cook pot with a matching Trail Designs Sidewinder Ti-Tri cooking system! I have wanted one of these for quite a while, except for my 0.9L Evernew cook pot, so when I won this cook pot with the Sidewinder I was stoked!

Then to make things better, the guys at Trail Designs also threw in the entire Inferno set and a great Olympia granola bar! When I opened the box yesterday I was like a kid at Christmas!

I have wanted the Sidewinder Ti-Tri system simply due to the fact that it is optimized to be used with wood, alcohol or Esbit. So, it is a serious multi use kitchen set-up. I accidentally spilled some of my alcohol fuel and might not have enough to last the rest of the trip...that is fine, I can gather some wood! (Note, this has never happened to me though.)

Anyway, I am super excited about winning this set-up and just wanted to share. I did a write up over on my blog with a video too if anyone is interested:

http://sticksblog.com/2012/04/22/i-a...ontest-winner/

Also, I would suggest anyone that hasn't yet, to head over to Trail Groove and check out the online magazine. It is a great magazine filled with beautifully taken pictures and great info on some nice gear. Here is the quick link to it:

http://www.trailgroove.com/content.php

Also, while you are there, feel free to click into the forum section and sign up!
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Great video! I have just registered with both sites.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    Great video! I have just registered with both sites.
    Thanks WIAPilot!
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

++ New Posts ++