Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1

    Default I'm a very serious person therefore I am!

    When the heck did we as a people become so serious?Why do we feel the need to correct all the time?To make a statement,to take a stand,to be right!Is this just a by-product of communicating through typed messages,where body language,and inflection of voice does not come into play?Or is it just that much easier to say"hey,your wrong and I'm right because I've done more miles than you therefore,I'm a very serious person and your not!Getting a little tired(not really though)of hearing comments like."Yeah,how many miles have you done"?or"oh,there just a day hiker"what heck is that? I'll tell you what it is,but would rather you tell me what you think,cause the last time I checked,(a minute ago)that banner at the top said;"A Community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts"

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-24-2012
    Location
    Shelby Township, Michigan
    Posts
    280

    Default

    You need help with your spacing.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    07-18-2010
    Location
    island park,ny
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,909
    Images
    218

    Default

    maybe im not reading your body language correctly, but i think you're wrong.
    and your attitude stinks.and you use question marks too often.
    lol .***.omg.
    ive always felt that the lecturing is out of frustration that we're typing rather than hiking.
    there is a verse entitled 'the final analysis" that helps me keep my perspective. you can read it here:http://www.inspiration-oasis.com/mot...r.html#Written

  4. #4

    Default

    Seriously did someone steal your space bar on your keyboard?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winds View Post
    You need help with your spacing.
    spellarin too!

  6. #6
    Registered User kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-21-2007
    Location
    Swedesboro, NJ
    Age
    61
    Posts
    5,333
    Images
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    ;"A Community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts"
    it's a lie..........To WhiteBlaze
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    maybe I'm not reading your body language correctly, but i think you're wrong.
    and your attitude stinks.and you use question marks too often.
    lol .***.omg.
    Ive always felt that the lecturing is out of frustration that we're typing rather than hiking.
    there is a verse entitled 'the final analysis" that helps me keep my perspective. you can read it here:http://www.inspiration-oasis.com/mot...r.html#Written
    Aah,I'm back now and rejuvenated,thanks I like the movie there instead of the ...more pictures.Thanks I needed that!good for another day.

  8. #8

    Default

    I've hiked less than many others. Therefore I've carried less accumulative weight, therefore I know more about carrying less weight than many others!

    Punch a hole in that logic.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    it's a lie..........To WhiteBlaze
    And a big Hiddie Ho,to you too thanks karl

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I've hiked less than many others. Therefore I've carried less accumulative weight, therefore I know more about carrying less weight than many others!

    Punch a hole in that logic.
    No way man.Iv'e read this more than17 times and still get it!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-17-2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I've hiked less than many others. Therefore I've carried less accumulative weight, therefore I know more about carrying less weight than many others!

    Punch a hole in that logic.
    Since people learn from their mistakes and I make more mistakes than anyone, I know more than anyone!

    Take that!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    07-18-2010
    Location
    island park,ny
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,909
    Images
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Since people learn from their mistakes and I make more mistakes than anyone, I know more than anyone!

    Take that!
    im still accumulating more knowledge!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    im still accumulating more knowledge!
    Hey in that respect....I'm a mad dog genious.

  14. #14
    Registered User johnnybgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-28-2007
    Location
    Midlothian,Virginia
    Posts
    3,010
    Images
    76

    Default

    Whew !! That's an accumulative weight off my shoulders...
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    07-18-2010
    Location
    island park,ny
    Age
    60
    Posts
    11,909
    Images
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    Whew !! That's an accumulative weight off my shoulders...
    best to travel light

  16. #16
    Registered User kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-21-2007
    Location
    Swedesboro, NJ
    Age
    61
    Posts
    5,333
    Images
    25

    Default

    One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts walking.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

  17. #17
    Registered User oldbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-29-2007
    Location
    West Coast of FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    343

    Default

    When the heck did we as a people become so serious?
    When The North Face stopped making an Acapulco Gold colored sleeping bag ?

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    One never realizes how much and how little he knows until he starts walking.
    So very true,I've contemplated many things while walking...........the least of which.....This is ringing a bell for me?

  19. #19
    MuddyWaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    7,753
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    I think its due to fluorescent lighting and video games.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    I think its due to fluorescent lighting and video games.
    I think there is direct correlation between fluorescent light,computer screens and brain wave synapse,or lack there of......"I lack ice cream"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •