WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hammocks and Aeriel acrobatics

Have any of you hammock hangers ever got in your hammock only to find yourself quickly on the ground?Or been set for the night and then something happend that required speedy attention and again over you go?

Military jungle hammock. Stretched pretty tight. Woke up falling through the mosquito bar. Short fall. Ground soft and wet, yuk! Ambushed by waiting mosquitos. I was naked and it wasn't funny, therefore, should not be in humor section...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Have any of you hammock hangers ever got in your hammock only to find yourself quickly on the ground?Or been set for the night and then something happend that required speedy attention and again over you go?
    you've never been in a camping hammock, have you
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    you've never been in a camping hammock, have you
    Never not,one time.....got a hammock in the yard,but that thing is all but impossible to flip,and I've tried.

Images

Not immediately, but my first night I had one of my tree straps shimmy down the trunk. I had to get up and redo it when the lean got too uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Not immediately, but my first night I had one of my tree straps shimmy down the trunk. I had to get up and redo it when the lean got too uncomfortable.
    Yep,I set up a tent on just enough of a slope with my head at the down hand end......worst no-sleep I ever have,wont do that again.

First time I tried out my new Blackbird using Wal-Mart. caribiners I hit the ground but lived to tell about it!

Images

Always wondered about those straps. On hickory trees those things don't move. I set mine up too high once, and it was hard to get in. Due to a little rope stretch, getting out was no biggie.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Images

It's really hard to fall out of a gathered end hammock. I haven't in 7 years of hanging.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

First time in 5 years. was hanging Easter Sunday at Land Between the Lakes (Ky) and woke up on the ground. Embarrassed to mention it though.

++ New Posts ++