WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    I will be at Annapolis rock May 21-22 I just found out, but you'll be passed there.
    RATS!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Looks like I will be behind you! I leave HF on Monday 5/21 heading for Harrisburg. I watch for your register entries! Have fun.

Images

First of all, THANKS to all who shared advice, suggestions, and support!!! What a great place WhiteBlaze is. And a special big THANKS to Mrs Baggins, who treated us all like royalty, met us for Sunday brunch, brought us brats and juice, and even an awl so I could attempt a repair on my broken waist belt.

Second, here's the link to the photo album (I posted 126 pics) with very complete captions, which give a trip report-
    Photo album trip report.

ENJOY!

RainMan

P.S. We had a great hike and all of us would go right back, I'm sure. It was so nice to meet Sondance from WhiteBlaze and have him join us! He's welcome on our hikes any time!!!

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

Nice photo album..looked like a great trip!
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sondance Kid View Post
    I thru-hiked in 2009 but don't remember too much about MD because of the weather (rain and more rain). My group did 20+ miles a day for 2 days to get to PA and out of the monsoon. What time do you plan on leaving Saturday the 19th? How many miles a day are you planning to hike? Is your stopping point Pen Mar Park? Any other details that I should know? Sounds like this could be fun!e
    So, Sondance ... was it as fun as it sounded?!! And do you remember more about Maryland this time around?! LOL We really enjoyed having you join our little group and would hike with you again anytime!

RainMan

Images

I enjoyed your pictures. Your photo album almost matched mine, except for the people in the pictures. I did this section May 2011...maybe one of the best sections I've done to date. Just wandering, did you ever identify the snake?
    Rebel

Images

Great photos. I was able to identify nearly everything without captions. I hiked this section in May two years ago. Doesn't look like much has changed. Surprised you didn't show the chapel.

The snake under the bridge appears to be an eastern Black Rat snake.
    Appalachian Trail Online Course
    http://at-trail.blogspot.com
    Information and resources for the A.T. hiker

Follow @section_hiking on Twitter
    http://Twitter.com/Section_Hiking

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I enjoyed your pictures. ... Just wandering, did you ever identify the snake?
    Thanks. And yes, that was an eastern garter snake. I changed the caption.

RainMan

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigHodag View Post
    Great photos. ... Surprised you didn't show the chapel.

The snake under the bridge appears to be an eastern Black Rat snake.
    Thanks! Which chapel? I have some church pics from Harpers Ferry, but had to draw the line somewhere. Not sure what you mean about snake under a bridge. I had two black snake pics, but both are at shelters, on Pine Knob and one the old Rocky Run. Both are probably black rat snakes, I'm guessing.

Rain Man

Wow Rainman those are some real nice photos and the website looks great,ya'll seem like a very active club,cool!

Wanna have a great time on the AT? Hook up with Rain Man and the Nashville Backpackers. Can't say enough nice things about the weekend hike through MD. We saw it all on our hike, scenic overlooks, historical sites, and every critter in the vicinity from wild goats to a wild turkey. I just smile just thinking about what a good time I had. The formula for success on the AT is simple, good company and good conversation equals a great time. And it doesn't hurt to throw in some good food (brunch at the South MT Inn and brats for dinner). A big AT thank you to Mrs. Baggins. You are hereby promoted from trail angel to trail archangel. I'd hike anywhere and anytime with Rain Main, Mama Bear and Matt. And true to his trail name, Rain Man brought along some rain, well, actually quite a bit of it on Monday night. To Rain Man and the Rain Gang, my sincere and humble thanks for a great time on the AT! I have now seen and done it all on the MD AT! As you travel down the path of life, hike with your angels and hike in peace!

Sondance

Images

And may I add that it was a great pleasure and a tremendous privilege to meet you all! It was my honor to help you out. And how fabulous, Rain Man, to put a real person to a picture of a face I've seen on Whiteblaze low this many years! When you're all ready to tackle Pennsylvania let me know and I'll see to it you're safely sent on your way.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Images

Blush Mode On HIGH.

RainMan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++