WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default LT parking, shuttle, and return to car

I am planning to hike the LT end to end this July - I am very open to either SOBO or NOBO but for either way am looking for safe/reasonably priced parking, shuttle information from parking to the trailhead, and then information on travel back to my car.

Thanks ahead of time!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by catch View Post
    I am planning to hike the LT end to end this July - I am very open to either SOBO or NOBO but for either way am looking for safe/reasonably priced parking, shuttle information from parking to the trailhead, and then information on travel back to my car.

Thanks ahead of time!
    Get the End to Enders guide - - go NOBO - the trail sets up so nice that way. Park at Greylock Community Club - - private message me - I'll give you a lot more - you're in for some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by catch View Post

Thanks ahead of time!
    You might be able to leave your car at Williamstown Motel. The E-to-E guide lists shuttlers; you can get even more names by e-mailing the GMC.

When I did this last summer, I rented from Hertz one way (about $100) to Burlington. Then took a commuter bus to Waterbury, which connects with a shuttle bus to Morrisville. From there, I got a ride for $40 (before tip) to the trailhead and stayed the first night at Journey's End Camp II (a great new cabin that I had all to myself). In Williamstown, there is Peter Pan.

There is also an Amtrak train from N Ohio to Albany and Pittsfield (just south of Williamstown) and from Albany to Rutland.

I am just starting to try figuring out transportation logistics. We are planning to start from Brandon Gap going NOBO. Is there a safe place to park a car somewhere near Brandon Gap? I wonder what it would take to make it back to our car from Northern Terminus of the LT? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by nehiker View Post
    You might be able to leave your car at Williamstown Motel. The E-to-E guide lists shuttlers; you can get even more names by e-mailing the GMC.When I did this last summer, I rented from Hertz one way (about $100) to Burlington. Then took a commuter bus to Waterbury, which connects with a shuttle bus to Morrisville. From there, I got a ride for $40 (before tip) to the trailhead and stayed the first night at Journey's End Camp II (a great new cabin that I had all to myself). In Williamstown, there is Peter Pan.There is also an Amtrak train from N Ohio to Albany and Pittsfield (just south of Williamstown) and from Albany to Rutland.

++ New Posts ++