WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slow n' Steady View Post
    Thank you for the good information. I also worry about being stuck in a 2 year contract if I don't need all the bells and whistles that I begin with. Quite an investment...
    TracFone LG phone...pay as you go...double minutes for life...voice recorder...camera...video recorder...email...great battery life...oh, yeh...you can make calls on it too!

Add a 4 Gig memory chip for about $3 and get enormous storage capability!

(No...I don't work for them!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 09-02-2012 at 15:12.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Folks on this thread are talking about spare batteries. Has anyone tried portable solar chargers. What is your experience or what have you heard?
    Susquehanna Slim

Go Long!

I took the training wheels off and sold my iPhone and iPad and went full-on Android. The biggest benefits for hiking are the ability to change batteries with minimal hassle and the standard micro usb connection ports. No more overpriced iDongles.

You mentioned solar, but I'll warn that I've tried and never had much luck getting a good charge. With three extra batteries for an Android phone, you're carrying a small fraction of the weight of a solar charging system that will provide enough juice for a very extended outdoor stay and that you can charge in town reasonably quickly. These things are also pretty good for carrying a stored charge and recharging phones and electronics: http://www.instapark.com/external-ba...n-charger.html

Hi bro i would use a "Kindle fire" i meet people that used them and they seem to work great and another thing if one day you wish to write a book you can use the entries you put on WB or any place else cause its still your work, Know if you took someone elses writings that would be called Plagerism and that is illegal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++