WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default shuttle help...please!

Ok folks, I need some advice. I'm going to be hiking from Pine Grove Furnace PA to (hopefully) Katahdin starting on May 28, 2005. My girlfriend is planning to meet me in Bennington VT. on July 1. We plan on hiking together to Killington, VT. with her leaving Killington on July 9. She is flying into Albany, NY.
    I need to get her from Albany to Bennington, and then from Killington to Albany. We looked at rental cars, but with the hiking we want to do, it was a nightmare. Any ideas would be helpful, especially from anyone that lives in the NE.
    Thanks!
    Shades of Blue

I'm just bringing my question out again, because I typed this late last night . Anyone with any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks

Vermont Transit has service from Albany to Bennington. They also have service from Rutland, VT which is 10 miles from Killington, to Albany.
    www.vermonttransit.com
    To get to Rutland from Killington there is a shuttle bus that runs all day between the 2 towns on Rt. 4 for a couple of dollars. It stops at The Inn At The Long Trail.
    There is also daily AMTRAK service between Rutland and Albany on the Ethan Allen Express. Call 1-800 USA-RAIL for info.

Thanks wolf! Hope you are enjoying your hike!
    Shades

Default Need of Ride from Airport to Bennington, VT

Hey Shades, I live about 1 hour from the airport and then about 1 hour from Bennington, I could possibly help out with picking your GF up and getting her to Bennington if she is unable to catch the Bus. My BF "Draggin" is on the trail this year and I too am working on meeting up with him that weekend on the trail, I will be heading out on the 2nd. It's nice to have fellow hikers helping each other out, makes things much easier to get out there. Give me a yell if you need help.

Jewels

Images

Wolf is right. When you get to US 4, you can hitch about 8 miles into Rutland, where the bus is and several motels, hostel etc. Also, for an alternative idea, walk/hitch a mile down the road to the Inn at Long Trail where you can spend a night and probably get them to give you a life to Rutland, or to give one to your girlfriend at least. The town of Killington is a mile or two past there. It's very simple, don't fret. Took the bus from Rutland home to NY last June thru Albany.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

++ New Posts ++