WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I use to buy a lot of veggies for my salads, now I just pick weeds in my yard and add to my salad/soup. One of the best weeds I have are PURSLANE and DOLLARWEED (or pennywort), but there are many more...
    That's very interesting john,I had a neighbor who use to make dandy lion wine,seemed as though he was cultivating them,use to drive all the neighbors nuts when they went to seed.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Coconut manna! It's delicious, high in fat, has carbs too. Can be made into a curry for dinner or melted with chocolate for a dessert or added to oatmeal to beef up the staying power. Lots of possibilities. Lots of calories! You'll have to do maildrops though. It's not easy to find in stores.
    Since I live near lots of coconut palms and have discovered their benefits, I had to look this up.
    My wife's family grinds up the inside of the coconut and then presses it to get the coconut cream.
    I buy it dried for backpacking and find it in most all Asian grocery stores.
    Look for foil or white packs of the powder near the canned coconuts in these stores.
    Great with tumeric based curry powders or, like you say, great for a dessert too.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    But sugar IS natural.
    nope it has a process.... Honey is natural - Guano is natural - fertilizer is ****e.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    That's very interesting john,I had a neighbor who use to make dandy lion wine,seemed as though he was cultivating them,use to drive all the neighbors nuts when they went to seed.
    Well, if them neighbors are the type that water their lawn with a sprinkler on a timer that even waters during a rainstorm, than I say, fuc 'em

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    Well, if them neighbors are the type that water their lawn with a sprinkler on a timer that even waters during a rainstorm, than I say, fuc 'em
    Yes that is a very strange thing to see watering a lawn when it's raining out.But no I don't water my lawn.Last summer I did not have to cut the grass for like 6 weeks,the grass turned all brown but when Sept. came it greened right back up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++