WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default How is the precip lately?

Can any Vermonters comment about recent rainfall levels? We are hiking sobo leaving 1 August and wanted to see if the rainfall has picked up? Concerned about them little springs up north in particular, etc...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by stranger View Post
    Can any Vermonters comment about recent rainfall levels? We are hiking sobo leaving 1 August and wanted to see if the rainfall has picked up? Concerned about them little springs up north in particular, etc...
    Generally in New England, the past few weeks or so have seen more precip. We're still significantly behind yearly averages for 2012 so far. I can't speak specifically as to Vermont, especially the northern reaches. It might help you to check out the weather pages of Burlington area TV stations.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Heard something on the news that we caught up and passed the yearly average for rainfall last week...but it all showed up within a couple weeks. Snow pack was very low this year (lowest I've ever seen), so not sure how that impacts the overall water/spring situation.

It could rain constantly or be dry as a bone for the next 2 months. I suggest posting this question the week or so before your trip. It would give you a better idea of what to expect.

++ New Posts ++