WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Need hiking partner for Kent CT to Mass 56 miles

Hello All,
    I am new here and came here to find a partner for a slow hike from Kent to Mass sometime this summer or early fall. I am nice guy and just need some company along the way. I am also new to hiking and camping on this scale. I have a new hammock and am looking forward to testing it. I am hiking this section as a personal challenge. I am not in great shape and I SMOKE so this is not going to be easy for me. I would need to hike with someone that want's to take their time and not be in a hurry. Maybe 8-10 miles a day and one day resting and going into town. I am looking forward to the experience of just being in nature for several days. I love the woods and hiking and do most of my day hikes in the blue trails and state parks in central Connecticut.
    I am flexible at this time as far as the start date so if you have a week in mind and are interested let me know.

Peace

Images

welcome hikerforhealth I'm just putting it out there a lil fyi I hike the ct part of the AT. alot during the summer months for overnights and long weekends when work permits. I just got back from a Ma.- Vt. hike for 10 days I usually do 2 long hikes a year but like I said alot of weekends. 20 plus mile days are not required to enjoy ones self. weekends are a nice way to do a shakedown of your gear and see what works for ya. Also I'm a 41 year old smoker who can do 20 plus mile days if the need arises hiked with afew folks from here and so far its been a good experience. so if you get any weekends and you want to stretch your leggs hit me up. PEACE...........

Images

I hiked that piece last year going South and intend to do another hike of similar duration this Fall. I'll be on the West coast until September but if you're still looking then PM me. I'm older and probably slower. Ten miles a day is about my limit and eight is comfortable.

Thanks guys I will let you know

Update :

I had some health problems and had to postpone my hike and am going to start out in Kent heading north on Monday the 23rd. So if you see a guy big guy with a old camp trails II pack that looks over loaded I am still alive so say hello.

Best of luck to you! I'm also relatively new & have been enjoying the CT blue trails to get my gear where I want it. Looks like you'll have good weather for the week!

Thank you! I have been running around getting last minute things like a small radio and a sleeping bag and a camera and lip balm and a water bag and light hiking pants lol I hope I can carry all this stuff with out having a heart attack!
    Anyway I hope to have a great time on the trail. My pack is about 50lbs I am 310lbs I think a bear would think twice before attacking me.

I'd like to know where you are able find hiking clothes. I'm in the same weight range &, as one might expect, gear makers don't really cater to 3x & larger hikers. I've been lucky to find a few shorts/pants here & there, usually hidden away on a clearance rack.

Not a easy task! I fund my pants last night at cabela's and it was in the bargain cave. There are bigger cloths online thats your beat bet! Good luck

I made it to Bear Mountain yesterday at noon!

Images

Congrats, HFH. I was where you are three years ago or so and since have gotten somewhat better shape, lost some weight and hiked 1000 miles, including some of the Whites and Greens. It can be done, and you can have a lot of fun doing it. Hit me up. I'd enjoy joining you for a hike.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

++ New Posts ++