WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Aqua Blaze 2012

Now, with that all being said, are there any 2012'ers.... or anyone for that matter... who would like to make some $$$$$$ driving me from Waynesboro up to Harpers around 1/11/13? Please PM me ASAP!!!

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by miami View Post
    Now, with that all being said, are there any 2012'ers.... or anyone for that matter... who would like to make some $$$$$$ driving me from Waynesboro up to Harpers around 1/11/13? Please PM me ASAP!!!

Miami,

If we were still in the shuttle business I'd raise my hand, but it will be hard to do from the Delaware coast. That's where I live most of the time now.

Once you complete your Rockfish>HF missing section, you will indeed be complete with regards to ATC's expectations and if you want to you should apply for their recognition. If you have not yet done so because you have that missing hole, you are to be commended.

Best wishes. I think the weather may be great (at least for January), temperature-wise, at the beginning of your hike but may turn wintry again a few days in. You can track SNP weather at: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...t10DayLink_ski
    Last edited by Skyline; 01-08-2013 at 17:46.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamaltz View Post
    I think Irish may have been directing that comment at me. It's true, I own a business that is all about aquablazing, but it's not true that I try to pump it up to make money. I still have half a dozen boats to repair before I put them up for the winter, and I've made less than $300 profit from aquablazing this year. It's a business in the legal sense, but it's a labor of love, not a financially wise use of my time. I do it because I like hikers. Preachy Whiteblazers, not so much...

Like Brian said, some people aquablaze and then immediately return to start hiking where they left the trail.
    Very cool way to do it and as the boats need to go back anyway may as well hitch the ride.

On a different note, or rather taking the thread in the opposite direction, literally...
    What sections of the Shenandoah can be paddled SOBO with water levels under 5 feet?
    What percentage of the time are water levels above 5 feet in March and April?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++