WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Virginia Day Hike Trip

Next week I would like to take a Tour de Virginia and do some day hikes along the way. I am starting in Marion, VA and I'm heading to Tappahannock, VA. I would like to take 2-3 days to do the trip and each day do a day hike and camp nearby that night. I don't want to do any hikes southwest of Roanoke because I've probably hiked it already.

Anybody got any suggestions on good day hikes/places I should hit up? I'm free to drive anywhere in the state on the journey, and it doesn't need to be an AT hike.

Images

How about Old Rag in the SNP. A short trip I'd like to do and I've heard others enjoyed.
    The Channels State Park down on the Washington/Russell Co. line is open to hikers now too when you head back down this way.

You cannot go wrong in Shenandoah NP! Get a guidebook at the visitor center and explore! Also SW VA, near Marion - is fabulous!!!! Grayson Highlands and Damascus! And then there's the Blur Ridge Parkway, and the GW National Forest....how long do you have????

I have 3 days or so, I would like to not hike anywhere near SWVA because I live here and hike here. Looking for suggestions elsewhere in the state.

JJJ- I'll be going by the channels this weekend. I was going to last, but ended up going to Breaks Interstate instead.

Mt Pleasant Wilderness Area might be what you're looking for. Camp at Hog Camp Gap. Cold Mt loop and Mt Pleasant loop both have nice views.

Blue Ridge Parkway!!!

++ New Posts ++