WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Latest Altercation with "Joe to Go"

A few weeks ago, a thread discussed "the worst places on the AT" and quite a discussion ensued about Joe who owns JOE TO GO in NJ. Basically, a WB member who did not see the sign advertising "Water for Sale," politely asked Joe if he could fill up his water bottle. He was cussed out and sent on his way.

One of my favorite journals is by Balls and Sunshine and apparently, a few days ago, they had a run-in with Joe themselves. They bought food there and Sunshine, a little girl who just turned 12, politely asked if she could use the restroom. Joe told her that no restroom was available. Balls respectfully asked if it wasn't a health code requirement that all restaurants have public restrooms and Joe threw them out!!!

When Balls mentioned this to other local hikers, they relayed that the police absolutely hate this guy because "there is an altercation with a customer at least once a week" with this guy. This kind of makes you wonder if the hiking community shouldn't be warned about this kind of behavior? This is just my opinion, but to treat customers who patronize your establishment like this, just doesn't seem right and I think the A.T. Guide books should indicate this.
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 06-15-2012 at 19:52.

++ New Posts ++