WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Jump! Jump!
    What is, what does Kris Kross make you wanna do?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    well i have a masters degree and a job i love that ive had for 12 years. the girl with the 2 majors and 2 minors is probably still working that same part time job she had when we were in school. if shes lucky. just as some people around here will plan their "hike" long enough to just get bored with it. that would be a really interesting stat- people who come here to start planning a hike that they say they will do in 2 or 3 years... how many of them even ever START toheir hike, forget about finish?
    How many quarters did that take to get out of the crane machine at Wally World??? Bring a gun to shoot dogs??? DB... SideKick has thru'd 3 times... thats 4 times more tha ur mum will ever let you... I'm just sayin'...

It don't matter if your a member of WB or not its whats in side you that matters. your hearts got to be in the right place, if its not your not gonna make it no matter what, most people think hiking the AT is 90% physical and 10% emotional, personally i think its 90% emotional 10% physical, you will get used to the physical part but the emotional part will rip at you the entire way. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME-06 & GA-ME 2012 )

I'm not some wannabe with a flashy website, asking for donations and boasting of how I'm going to hike the AT in 40 Days. I'm like countless of others - someone with a dream and a plan. Someone who will do everything in their power to complete the AT next year and am simply trying to be friendly; get information; and occasionally let a few bullies on this site know when they are being jerks. I live 1800 miles away from the AT and so like Coffee Rules (formerly tikcuf), I can't just hit portions of the AT on the weekend or any other time. But I didn't get to where I am, as a woman pilot and owner of an aviation company, by easily quitting. I'm also not a wide-eyed romantic.

I usually get along with everyone I meet. Especially men, because I'm in a profession dominated by men. 99% of the men I meet are very protective; really great guys; very kind. At the same time, a few guys who are WB Members have left me knowing that I wouldn't hike 2 minutes with you. So take all the wagers you want...

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    It don't matter if your a member of WB or not its whats in side you that matters. your hearts got to be in the right place, if its not your not gonna make it no matter what, most people think hiking the AT is 90% physical and 10% emotional, personally i think its 90% emotional 10% physical, you will get used to the physical part but the emotional part will rip at you the entire way. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME-06 & GA-ME 2012 )
    The rain to Maine,stays mainly on the brain....like Chinese water torture

Images

WB is a small portion of the AT world. people post and say a lot. i know they really want to hike the trail, but it's all talk till you walk.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

what ever the ratio please post on im hungry for info thanks

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    WB is a small portion of the AT world. people post and say a lot. i know they really want to hike the trail, but it's all talk till you walk.
    Well said, the Internet is a great place to get (mostly) good general advice, especially when it comes to what you should and shouldnt waste your money on at the beginning and info about planning and managing your expectations (ie. avoiding first trip planning mistakes such as "I can do ten miles in under four hours day hiking on flat local trails, so I should be able to do 35 miles in two days backpacking on the A.T." ). That said, you will learn more about hiking on a few weekend or weeklong trips then you will ever learn from behind a computer.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by WIAPilot View Post
    I'm not some wannabe with a flashy website, asking for donations and boasting of how I'm going to hike the AT in 40 Days. I'm like countless of others - someone with a dream and a plan. Someone who will do everything in their power to complete the AT next year and am simply trying to be friendly; get information; and occasionally let a few bullies on this site know when they are being jerks. I live 1800 miles away from the AT and so like Coffee Rules (formerly tikcuf), I can't just hit portions of the AT on the weekend or any other time. But I didn't get to where I am, as a woman pilot and owner of an aviation company, by easily quitting. I'm also not a wide-eyed romantic.

I usually get along with everyone I meet. Especially men, because I'm in a profession dominated by men. 99% of the men I meet are very protective; really great guys; very kind. At the same time, a few guys who are WB Members have left me knowing that I wouldn't hike 2 minutes with you. So take all the wagers you want...
    you would hike with me if you met me. seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Only if you knocked me unconscious...

Images

you have asked some very good question though I've noticed a lot of people here have responded

Well, he does look like a cave man,

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Toli View Post
    How many quarters did that take to get out of the crane machine at Wally World??? Bring a gun to shoot dogs??? DB... SideKick has thru'd 3 times... thats 4 times more tha ur mum will ever let you... I'm just sayin'...
    its surprisingly impressive how not 1 but 2 people who read my post about shooting dogs both a) have apparently never seen others who i was making fun of around here post such nonsense and b) are really that piss poor at detecting sarcasm.

a dog and a gun.... one of these i own and the other i do not. care to uess which is which?

Images

ive never been as far south as tucson but the rest of AZ has lots of places to hike. hell, probably better ones than at least half the AT. hiking being the only consideration i'd probably change locations with you in a second. go do some hiking.

Now that's what I call progress,Awesome...my predictions,good friends one day...yep...truth!

its surprisingly impressive how not 1 but 2 people who read my post about shooting dogs both a) have apparently never seen others who i was making fun of around here post such nonsense and b) are really that piss poor at detecting sarcasm.

a dog and a gun.... one of these i own and the other i do not. care to uess which is which?
    Hunh! Now you got me wondering. Are you gonna holster that dog or are you gonna take that gun for a walk. (hike)
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

ive never been as far south as tucson but the rest of AZ has lots of places to hike. hell, probably better ones than at least half the AT. hiking being the only consideration i'd probably change locations with you in a second. go do some hiking.
    My folks live in Tucson and I can assure you you don't want to go hiking anywhere near there now. I won't even go visit this time of year. Summer in GA here is hot but nothing compared to that.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

That's why I always use an excessive number of smiley's whenever I make reference to the "I'll shoot yar dog" threads

For the record I understood the reference loud and clear the first time I read your comment?

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Some of the most beautiful hiking I've ever done was visiting friends that used to live in Tucson. I visited in the early springtime, not sure I'd want to do a ten mile hike there this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    What is, what does Kris Kross make you wanna do?
    Nice pop culture reference. You must wear your clothes backwards.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++