WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mountain bike race?

What's this about a mountain bike race on the trail in a month or so? Does that affect hikers?

Just don't start your hike in Denver at 6 am on 7/30 and you probably won't even notice.

The race is done every year. It is a ad-hoc race with no fees, prizes, etc. It is very small. Around 30 or so start and some drop out. The fast riders do it in less than 5 days, and the slower ones take as many as 10 days, so they become spread out along the trail with little impact on hikers.

http://www.climbingdreams.net/ctr/

They'll pass me but it sounds like NBD, then. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcreek View Post
    Just don't start your hike in Denver at 6 am on 7/30 and you probably won't even notice.

The race is done every year. It is a ad-hoc race with no fees, prizes, etc. It is very small. Around 30 or so start and some drop out. The fast riders do it in less than 5 days, and the slower ones take as many as 10 days, so they become spread out along the trail with little impact on hikers.

http://www.climbingdreams.net/ctr/
    Where does the Add-hoc come into play,how does it work?

I've done such races, and "ad hoc" usually means it's advertised as a totally open, voluntary event. There's no organization, no support, no entry fees, no sign in-- kind of like "show up on your bike, and we'll race."
    "We can no longer live as rats. We know too much." -- Nicodemus

Quote Originally Posted by RodentWhisperer View Post
    I've done such races, and "ad hoc" usually means it's advertised as a totally open, voluntary event. There's no organization, no support, no entry fees, no sign in-- kind of like "show up on your bike, and we'll race."
    Thanks,I was thinkin maybe certain legs were added or hocked,for some reason.......participants choice.

++ New Posts ++