WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mail drop addresses needed

I'm looking for the addresses for the Franconia visitor's Center in NH (the Whites) and Crawford Notch AMC Visitor's Center. Anybody have any idea where I could locate these? Is there a listing of maildrop addresses somewhere?
    Mama Llama

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

May I suggest that you call every place you're sending a mailbox to:

a) verify you have the most current and correct mailing address.

and

b) ask for any specific instructions

and

c) that the are still accepting drops and will be open / in business when you hike through.

This is a good idea even if you have a comprehensive list from somewhere.

Good suggestions-- where do I get the phone numbers? I'm not even sure I have the right names for the drops. I looked in the Companion and I think I may have the first one but how about Crawford Notch AMC Visitor Ctr? Anybody have that one?
    Mama Llama

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Google is your buddy...

Give Pinkham Notch VC a call - they can give you the number.

Highland Center Before You Go Info - Appalachian Mountain Club
    www.outdoors.org/lodging/whitemountains/.../before-you-go.cfm
    Highland Center at Crawford Notch Fact Sheet ... You can also call our Pinkham NotchVisitor Center at 603-466-2721 for questions on trail conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by pkinnetz View Post
    Good suggestions-- where do I get the phone numbers? I'm not even sure I have the right names for the drops. I looked in the Companion and I think I may have the first one but how about Crawford Notch AMC Visitor Ctr? Anybody have that one?

Go to thw Whiteblaze homepage and look under AT Resupply Articles. There is a list of Post Offices.

Tumbleweed

Not sure if it helps but the zip code for Pinkham Notch is 03581

I just went through this for my section hike back in late June. The mail for the AMC Highland Center is actually picked up from the post office in the basement of the Mount Washington Hotel. Call the postmaster there at 603.278.8620. He can give you the exact mailing address. DO NOT rely on the various addresses you may get from the AMC customer service people. They have one address to use for GPS coordinates to find the lodge and another that uses a zip code that will not work with USPS website if you are using a flat rate box. If you do that your box may wind up at the next post office up the road and the Highland Center people won't know to get it. Once you do get your box to the Mt. Washington Hotel post office and it is picked up and waiting for you at the Highland Center, be patient with them when they tell you it is not there. They may have put it in the basement, like they did with mine. They found it, but it took a while.

++ New Posts ++