WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

Default Resources for School Children

A dear friend's 3rd grade class is going to be following my hike this fall. I was wondering what kinds of materials on the AT are available for kids? I've seen the book Orient: Trail Dog or something like that, but don't think I've ever seen anything else aimed at kids. I have given her a link to this thread so she can get ideas for her class - so thanks for the help!
    So be it.
    --John

Try the Appalachian Trail Fun Book by Frank and Victoria Logue. The link takes you to the ATC store where this book is on sale. It is for ages 4-10. Quote-"70 pages of activities, including coloring, puzzles, and word games, that help tomorrow's hikers learn about the peaks, wildflowers, and other outstanding features of the Trail environment." I met the Logues hiking in 1988 (The Hawk and The Dove) and they are really nice people.

Default Map?

If you haven't thought of this already...it might be cool, too, to give them an ATC wall map where they can track your progress.

I think it's great you would share your experience with the children this way!

--->Michele

++ New Posts ++