Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1. #1

    Default Funeral and no way to get back on Trail

    Due to a sudden death amongst a group of friends...I am home for a third time during my attempt of a thru 2012. Its been three times since I have come home for such a sad occurance. Wondering if anyone would be able or is living in the NYC Metro area...to give me a ride to the trail head I left off at? Have tried shuttles prior to great failure on their part. Had heat stroke and fell outside of Deleware Water Gap...the Shuttle driver charged me one hundred just to take me to my motel. Asked if their was a Hospital around..."oh well thats another hundred". These drivers overall are blood suckers plain and simple...they DO no service for us but take take TAKE. Would like help from an actual Hiker who understands the need of the trail...the yearning to get back out. Any help or further needed info as such where I left off please PM me. Will not post such information in such a public forum...have had too many prior issues.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm sorry, you may be a nice guy, but I would just caution anyone about picking you up. You've gone by at least two names here on WB. In one post, you start praising Roadside when it was discovered by several others that you were both. (Don't you just hate the Internet??) We didn't hear much from you on WB after that episode. I'm not trying to be hateful, but I also believe it would be wrong for me not to alert others as to your previous behavior.

    You might want to think about a third name...
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 06-30-2012 at 07:47.

  3. #3

    Default

    Unlike you Sir/Madam I have gone by only one name on WB. This is a forum to get out the word. Whether or not I was said "Roadside" which I am not is not relevant. As such I have helped my fellow thrus which you are not one...and have been helped as such. Unless you can garner me help would suggest stop spreading slander and lies.

  4. #4
    Registered User Lyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-25-2006
    Location
    Croswell, MI
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,932
    Images
    68

    Default

    I've been section hiking for years now. Each and Every shuttle driver I've used has been friendly, courteous, prompt, safe, and dependable. Yes, some charge more than others, that is their right. Shuttles take a large chunk of time out of their day, vehicles are expensive to operate and maintain, and they all have different motives for doing shuttles - some for pleasure and to help hikers, some to make some extra cash. I'm just thankful that there are folks willing to provide this service. I have never had a shuttle driver jack the price up from what they estimated, just the opposite.

    Perhaps your experience was with one dishonest shuttle operator - not a good reason to come online and trash shuttles in general, and not a good reason to avoid all other shuttle services. Or perhaps your experience had more to do with your attitude - your emergency does not translate into a shuttle operators emergency.

  5. #5

    Default

    OK - Just received a PM from Irish so wanted to not spread rumors, but instead show what went on WB. Here are the posts:

    https://whiteblaze.net/forum/arch...p/t-83272.html

    Kind of strange that both Irish/Roadside got off the trail for a funeral at the same time...
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 06-30-2012 at 08:05.

  6. #6

    Default

    They provide said "Service" because they can and do make more money then is needed. THE ONLY TIME I have seen a shuttle service not screw the little guy aka the Hiker...is a wonderful B&B in Lexington Va. Ran by w fantastic couple by the name of Ken & Joyce. Ken slacked packed me for thirty cents a mile...no seriously THIRTY CENTS A MILE. That to me is not only a true Gentleman but he would above all doubt...help in a needed ride to see a DR. These people know what they can get when called upon...and grab it as a tick on a hikers leg. Attitude how would you feel if you fell and hit your head? Not very good they cannot base cost on "attitude" thats just inane. But also the said shuttler has been reported to my State as evading taxes...as all shuttlers do. You want the benefit of a second income you must pay TAXES...its the Law Federal state and local. So I suggest shuttlers as I believe Sir you are one...deeming such an attitude that would start paying taxes on this income. But also I am thru hiking therefore am bled dry and sick of said leaches.

  7. #7
    Registered User Lyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-25-2006
    Location
    Croswell, MI
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,932
    Images
    68

    Default

    If I had a medical emergency, I would call EMS. See what they charge you. 30 cents a mile is WAY below what it costs to drive and maintain a vehicle. YOU, Sir, are taking advantage of these fine folks. But just because some folks offer services for free or below cost out of the kindness of their hearts, is no reason to trash the folks who are doing it as a business. Find someone else or an alternative if you don't like the price. NO ONE is obligated to give you a discount for your vacation.

  8. #8
    Registered User Lyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-25-2006
    Location
    Croswell, MI
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,932
    Images
    68

    Default

    About your idiotic conclusion that I am a shuttler, did you even look at where I live?

    Based on your attitudes displayed here, I probably would offer to call you a cab rather than give you a ride in my vehicle, and would feel that I went out of my way for you.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    If I had a medical emergency, I would call EMS. See what they charge you. 30 cents a mile is WAY below what it costs to drive and maintain a vehicle. YOU, Sir, are taking advantage of these fine folks. But just because some folks offer services for free or below cost out of the kindness of their hearts, is no reason to trash the folks who are doing it as a business. Find someone else or an alternative if you don't like the price. NO ONE is obligated to give you a discount for your vacation.
    I would agree totally. From everything I have read in the AT Journals and seen at other areas, no one gets rich providing shuttle services except the larger companies who do this. Many of these private shuttle drivers lose money and a few of them have gone out of business.

    This guy was exposed on WB months ago. But I truly did not repeat this to start rumors or rehash it, but rather because I just wanted new members to be extremely cautious before offering this guy a ride that he apparently wants for free.
    Last edited by WIAPilot; 06-30-2012 at 10:42.

  10. #10

    Default

    WIAPilot its ignorant and foolish people as you are one in my eyes. Its ignorance of the mind and being Visually malnourished that is your hate speech. To condemn an attempting thru hiker being near broke. By choice as having done numerous acts of trail magic...for thru hikers and section hikers alike. To help my fellow man is an honour deemed to me...to help a fellow hiker is a true privilege. Whether from buying ice cream bars in Dalesville for Hiking brothers...to Paying for a hikers bus ticket home so he did not have to hitch. Deem myself being caring of all fellow hikers...who in turn are kind to me in more then words. Not to ask for anything in return but know I made someone smile or happy to get to their final destination. Its perverse hatred that you share with us all whether on or off trail. Thankfully for you if you were injured I would not stroll away...though I am sure you would from me. But help when called upon for any hiker injured or needing a way home. Thankfully your ignoranct stance on like and your non existance love of others deems fit...to call you a unglorious addition to the realm of Hikers.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    WIAPilot its ignorant and foolish people as you are one in my eyes. Its ignorance of the mind and being Visually malnourished that is your hate speech. To condemn an attempting thru hiker being near broke. By choice as having done numerous acts of trail magic...for thru hikers and section hikers alike. To help my fellow man is an honour deemed to me...to help a fellow hiker is a true privilege. Whether from buying ice cream bars in Dalesville for Hiking brothers...to Paying for a hikers bus ticket home so he did not have to hitch. Deem myself being caring of all fellow hikers...who in turn are kind to me in more then words. Not to ask for anything in return but know I made someone smile or happy to get to their final destination. Its perverse hatred that you share with us all whether on or off trail. Thankfully for you if you were injured I would not stroll away...though I am sure you would from me. But help when called upon for any hiker injured or needing a way home. Thankfully your ignoranct stance on like and your non existance love of others deems fit...to call you a unglorious addition to the realm of Hikers.
    At least there is just one of me and not a split personality. And it is because I do care about the Hiking Community that I issued a caution.

  12. #12
    Registered User Lyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-25-2006
    Location
    Croswell, MI
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,932
    Images
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBASTARD View Post
    WIAPilot its ignorant and foolish people as you are one in my eyes. Its ignorance of the mind and being Visually malnourished that is your hate speech. To condemn an attempting thru hiker being near broke. By choice as having done numerous acts of trail magic...for thru hikers and section hikers alike. To help my fellow man is an honour deemed to me...to help a fellow hiker is a true privilege. Whether from buying ice cream bars in Dalesville for Hiking brothers...to Paying for a hikers bus ticket home so he did not have to hitch. Deem myself being caring of all fellow hikers...who in turn are kind to me in more then words. Not to ask for anything in return but know I made someone smile or happy to get to their final destination. Its perverse hatred that you share with us all whether on or off trail. Thankfully for you if you were injured I would not stroll away...though I am sure you would from me. But help when called upon for any hiker injured or needing a way home. Thankfully your ignoranct stance on like and your non existance love of others deems fit...to call you a unglorious addition to the realm of Hikers.
    WOW!

    'Nuf said.

  13. #13

    Default

    Your credibility is zilch. I don't believe anything you say.
    Last edited by Cookerhiker; 06-30-2012 at 09:30.

  14. #14

    Default

    Wow. This guy is not only giving the Irish a bad name, he's not doing much for bastards either.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-26-2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,410
    Images
    21

    Default

    http://www.panynj.gov/bus-terminals/...-terminal.html

    It is called a bus. They are really cool, you get on and they take you places. That is what most hikers do anyway.

  16. #16
    Registered User kayak karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-21-2007
    Location
    Swedesboro, NJ
    Age
    64
    Posts
    5,338
    Images
    25

    Default

    when i estimate a construction job i have a 20% A-Hole fee button. IF i get the job, i want extra money just for putting up with the idiot. i don't know if this translates to the shuttle industry?
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

  17. #17

    Default

    Karl, That would be illegal to base a rate on an employer. Its called price fixing and is a felony in most states. Firstly am not an idiot have dual Master's Degrees in Governmental based fields. But to truly trust someone of your age with construction jobs would be a hazard.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    http://www.panynj.gov/bus-terminals/...-terminal.html

    It is called a bus. They are really cool, you get on and they take you places. That is what most hikers do anyway.
    Well aware what ****ty sacarsm is and yours is just plain dumb.

  19. #19
    Registered User Biggie Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-18-2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    248
    Images
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    Wow. This guy is not only giving the Irish a bad name, he's not doing much for bastards either.
    It's one thing if he's making the Irish look bad, but we shouldn't tolerate his misrepresentation of the bastard community!

    I don't understand how the IB can have such a generous "trail angel" attitude toward other thru hikers, but have such disdain for shuttle operators who also support the hiking community. His posts and possibly his multiple WB user profiles, seems very inconsistent to me -- perhaps bi-polar-ish...
    Biggie

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-15-2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Sometimes I'd rather read spam posts from people in Vietnam trying to sell bootleg DVD's on WB.
    Last edited by Spokes; 06-30-2012 at 09:50.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •