WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Appy Trails tarp - New gears?

Anybody got one? Anything to say about it? I know it's just a tarp and works just like the rest of them but I need to get a little something and was wondering about it. The price doesn't look to bad either. Maybe if someone's got one or something else like a HS TT of some kind they want to sale/trade on would be nice. Specially if anyone uses FFL's. And it's been a while since I've gotten out there, probably a year or so but I haven't kept up with gear like I use too either. Is there any new pad's out there? I need something with good support. I believe there was a deal on a pacific something or other pad that looked similar to a BA air core. What's some cheap alternatives on that? I don't know if things have changed on me or if I've just gotten my P's and Q's off lately. I just need to put something new together as I have either given away or sold a lot of my old gear. I have fallen on hard times honestly and as the saying goes when it rains it pours. I really need to get back out there for a few weeks if I can pull it off Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I am less worried about weight these days honestly too but still prefer not to have to set up a tent I like quick and easy. Anyway hope the WB community has been well and God bless all those out there making it happen as we speak.
    John

Images

Grommets should be replaced with webbing. Also, the pole on the 5 man is too bendy. Replacing the center section with a thicker pole should greatly improve it.

Images

I don't quite get you. I've got some add on guy out "things" that I figured I would need. I have never liked to tarp with just like an 8x10 but I'm thinking of trying it again. Tell me more about the webbing. I haven't even bought it yet and honestly haven't made up my mind on it. Thanks

Images

The grommets will tear if it's windy. Replacing the grommets with webbing tie outs ensures that it'll last longer and do better in storms.

The pole isn't such a big deal, especially since you can hang the peak from a branch. Hanging the AppyTrails tarp tent makes the interior much more usable.

If you don't want to do any mods to this tent, then keep in mind that it's a very nice fair weather tent, but might fail in poor weather.

++ New Posts ++