WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Images

i sent an apology to someone also because they thought i was being sarcastic and mean. i really didn't intend for them to take it that way as i was being condescending.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutbrown View Post
    Awwww, I'm starting to feel the love again!
    **Smacks Nutbrown upside the head**

Don't get too comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    i sent an apology to someone also because they thought i was being sarcastic and mean. i really didn't intend for them to take it that way as i was being condescending.
    How dare they mistake condescension for sarcasm and meanness!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    I took Alligator's advice and added LW to my ignore list.
    That makes no sense.

IIRC you have no AT experience, so you come to an AT forum to learn, but you then choose to ignore one of the individuals here with more AT miles than most, and align yourself with others who have no AT experience.

As they say, Ignorance is bliss.

some people would rather be wrong... can't help them no matter how much you try.

Hike your Own Hike baby!

Hike it!
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    Thank you... It's about the same time I started seeing the problem
    Anything special about July 2010? I checked my join date first to make sure it wasn't me, but I stopped lurking in June 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    When did jester abandon ship again?
    Spent about two hours reading Jester2000's threads last night. All I can say is whole s... that's funny.

"some people would rather be wrong... can't help them no matter how much you try."..........Quoting jakedatc...........

This IS the problem, right here...... It's NOT about being RIGHT OR WRONG... it's about getting along with others and being TEACHABLE!! "Plays well with others", is what we are supposed to learn in kindergarten. If you want to cock an attitude,"my way or the highway," you can do that, no prob., but you will end up ALONE. I've had to learn that lesson for MYSELF. :/ You can do whatever you want to do, say whatever you want to say, but, at the end of the day you should ask yourself, "How's that working for me?" I asked myself that question and the answer was, "NOT". I like this site, but I don't like the "know it alls" that post on here. I don't pay any attention to "who" is "trash talking", I just find it extremely annoying..........

This place is positivily civil and calm compared to some (non-hiking) forums I've seen.....
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Glad someone said it. Ive posted a couple times, all i caught was smart remarks and minor insults. Was hoping more out of this group. I might post again, but beleive me, i will keep it to gear ONLY questions.

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    This place is positivily civil and calm compared to some (non-hiking) forums I've seen.....
    Yeah, pretty tame here.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

It seems to me that it was a bit better here when the people who posted a lot also hiked a lot. There seems to be a proliferation of posters who post often and rarely go hiking.

Just scan the thread titles - some of them are just stupid (sorry...). Then take a look at the quality of replies - at least 50% of the stuff posted these days is equally as inane.

It's contagious - when everyone is posting stupid **** I sometimes have to get my shot in too.

Not trying to be judgmental or anything at all - just an observation.

WWMD?

What Would Mags Do?

If everyone asked themselves WWMD before posting this would be a much better and useful site.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    It seems to me that it was a bit better here when the people who posted a lot also hiked a lot. There seems to be a proliferation of posters who post often and rarely go hiking.

Just scan the thread titles - some of them are just stupid (sorry...). Then take a look at the quality of replies - at least 50% of the stuff posted these days is equally as inane.

It's contagious - when everyone is posting stupid **** I sometimes have to get my shot in too.

Gotta agree with everything the man said.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    WWMD?

What Would Mags Do?

If everyone asked themselves WWMD before posting this would be a much better and useful site.
    I think the site is extremely useful, I also think many take the site way to serious, and when that feeling oh S*** not again , rears it's ugly head, it's probably a good idea to "Go take a hike"

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post

This is absolutely true. I actually stopped going to CNN's website after they began adding comments sections to some of their articles.

I remain grateful that political discussions are for the most part off limits on this site.

10-K I completely agree and admit I'm a bit guilty of this myself. If you look at my posting frequency over time, it is inversely proportional to the amount of hiking I've been doing.

In other words, I'm only here because I don't have time to get out on the trail. It's been a rough start to this year which is why my total post count has doubled in the last six months.

How is Drake doing by the way?
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jakedatc View Post
    No, just a general observation watching WIA get defensive.. other guy following her around saving the day..

ya, decently warm in RI but the water helps keep it out of triple digits. 2 weeks till 3 weeks in VT can't wait.
    Bristol is cool even when its hot. Where else can you take a bike trail out of town and have a guy offer you the 30# striper he just pulled in along the route. I wish the wife had put her basket on. With out any way to strap it on and miles to go, we had to decline his generocity. Too bad-- it would have been a trail magic story for the ages. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Not sure I get whats behind this thread, but anyone looking for personal validation in a forum is probably in the wrong place. If one hikes their own hike, it really doesn't matter what a few strangers think of them, right? Muzak never offends b

Agreed 100%. And quite a few members with multiple thrus and at least one triple crown hiker who now rarely or never post anymore.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Agreed 100%. And quite a few members with multiple thrus and at least one triple crown hiker who now rarely or never post anymore.
    Was it the tone that drove them away?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++