WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Some cannot handle the heat,

Coffee - take LW off the list - learn to deal with folk that do not agree with you.... quite possible that is the spice of life. learning to understand others takes time and patience - who knew.

I know for a fact a few have me on ignore... it only hurt once. Someone that I really appreciated reading his posts. "Emerald."

Yea I miss him- that's from the heart.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Yes, take LW off your list. I have met him, he is a stand up guy.... just don't tell him I said so or he will totally roast me.
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Images

FREE Lone Wolf!

I'd take LW off any ignore list. I've never actually had the opportunity to meet him in person, but what he posts here usually cuts through the BS and is honest and straight forward.

And for anyone that takes offense at being called "sweetie" it is term of endearment... worry when someone says "well bless your heart."
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 07-10-2012 at 20:23.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Bristol is cool even when its hot. Where else can you take a bike trail out of town and have a guy offer you the 30# striper he just pulled in along the route. I wish the wife had put her basket on. With out any way to strap it on and miles to go, we had to decline his generocity. Too bad-- it would have been a trail magic story for the ages. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Not sure I get whats behind this thread, but anyone looking for personal validation in a forum is probably in the wrong place. If one hikes their own hike, it really doesn't matter what a few strangers think of them, right? Muzak never offends b
    i'm a mountain person not a beach person so being down here is pretty sucky. I do enjoy being able to ride most of the winter but i'd trade it for NH/VT even CT in a heartbeat. Bike path is only good early in the AM and in the winter with no snow yet. too crowded and too many people for real riding.

Images

#1. some need to get a thicker skin. #2. some need to stop typing and read. #3. some need to take a hike.

the site is just white noise anymore. people posting on threads where they have no business posting, being followed by their their clique.

a lot of members i have met. at functions and on the trail. even if i don't agree with them, i respect them

if i have offended anyone. go back to #1
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Journal Entries
    Images

Maybe "If i have offended anyone. go back to #1"

if you would stop fartin when folk are behind you we would not need a thick skin or feathers!...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    It seems to me that it was a bit better here when the people who posted a lot also hiked a lot. There seems to be a proliferation of posters who post often and rarely go hiking.
    I absolutely agree. There came a point for me when I saw people who had little hiking experience and zero AT experience offering poor advice as if they were veterans. When they were called out, the "offended" parties would report posts and cry until eventually theirs was the primary voice left.

I used to moderate here. One of my policies was to perhaps lock a thread when it went out of control, but rarely delete posts. It let others see when someone was truly out there and not reliable. Granted, moderating here is thankless and tough, but I feel like moderation that caters to the easily offended has driven away much of the real experience and knowledge on the site. It's unfortunate.

I'm actually not sure how I wound up here tonight. I made it a point to only come here to post trip reports. When the trip report forum was dismantled, I pretty quit following the forums here. Night all.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'm actually not sure how I wound up here tonight. I made it a point to only come here to post trip reports. When the trip report forum was dismantled, I pretty quit following the forums here. Night all.
    Speaking of which I never thanked you for emailing me the links to your IMT trip reports. I did hike the entire trail and it was a great hike.

The northern half was civilized complete with shelters and piped springs and the southern half was just the opposite - wild and dry.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post

As they say, Ignorance is bliss.
    Excuse me????

Is this ANYway to get along???

lol

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Excuse me????

Is this ANYway to get along???

lol
    I truely did laugh out loud at that! It just hit my funny bone I guess.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

It's actually kind of sad when a thread titled "can't we all just get along" degenerates to an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    It's actually kind of sad when a thread titled "can't we all just get along" degenerates to an argument.
    Caught that irony too... (insert sarcastic rude comment here... to go along with topic).
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Hikerboy why are you picking at everyone and starting trouble? WB is clearly a place of love, peace, commonality, and hugs. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Hellush:1310150
    Hikerboy why are you picking at everyone and starting trouble? WB is clearly a place of love, peace, commonality, and hugs. : )
    No hugs please I have a touching phobia.

Images

what, you expected it to break into a chorus of "Kumbaya"
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl:1310155
    what, you expected it to break into a chorus of "Kumbaya"
    No just a little less Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Nope , just a fella looking for some information, and got tired of getting kicked in the nuts
    He wasn't an ******* he was a good dude, and would have been an asset. Can we all get along?....not looking to good for the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellush View Post
    Yeah, ok star shine, the earth say's hello.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-11-2012 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    No hugs please I have a touching phobia.
    *poke*

Images

if you're going to ignore people you don't have to make it a public spectacle. I went hiking today I ig nord all of you.no pms no "freinding"just me and the woods.harriman is bone dry
    .saw the darkest timber rattler I've ever seen.black with gold outlined diamondssmothered off into the grass before i could get a picture.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++