WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marta:1312631
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I just crocet a blanket last year, as part of physical therapy after 3 hand surguries, came out pretty good for a first blanket, and I hope to do another in the future, thanks for posting the website, looks good, I look forward to checking it out.

I posted a couple pics in my gallery of it
    It is a great website! And among the two million members there are some men. I think you will find the atmosphere in the forums a bit different than WB. Lots of group hugs...and pictures of cats.

Good luck in the next project!
    I love cats. Have three. Maybe some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by rastraikis View Post
    I love cats. Have three. Maybe some pictures?
    Not her most ladylike pose.Greg and Patricia 2012 005.jpg
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    It is a great website! And among the two million members there are some men. I think you will find the atmosphere in the forums a bit different than WB. Lots of group hugs...and pictures of cats.

Good luck in the next project!
    Thanks Marta, would like to darn and knit my own socks as well, definitely a pot cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras Lass View Post
    What's the Cyber Cafe?
    It's the place where drifted threads go to die, tell em joe sent ya, there not real picky who hangs around, the more egg shaped/eccentric the better, just please don't take my seat, it's the one by the window next to the bathroom, it's an old man thing.

Journal Entries
    Images

I will just put this out there for all members to read. I was willing to help someone with a "small" attitude problem and was willing to help him because I noticed his aptitude for hiking the trail, was bringing a unique experience of hiking the trail and having an awesome time... ya try to help someone and then because they cannot get along with mods and other members puts everyone on ignore. In short a person who is basically good and yet immature blogging.. as a group we would reach out to this person and make a difference.

Doesn't take a C+ high school student to figure out who self alienated here on this thread.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Dang. I was a C- student.

Images

Said hiker hasn't accepted my friend request. I reached out
    .doesn't even know about the cafe.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well he washed his hands to all here ... now it' really is up to him...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Dang. I was a C- student.
    Yeah, well, I went to art school.

I too tried to handle the situation with kid gloves, but my request for loosening the analogies didn't just go unanswered, but instead I was accused of calling the poster a drama queen.

I think its important to reach out to people who don't know any better, but after they shoot themselves in the foot enough times, its better to reserve the blessed SILWF for other endeavours.

Journal Entries
    Images

Wait...... no really wait,,, your trail name is Verasch, and you actually called someone here who posted a drama queen? You are alright!

Damn - you have a friend request coming!

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Wait...... no really wait,,, your trail name is Verasch, and you actually called someone here who posted a drama queen? You are alright!

Damn - you have a friend request coming!
    No, I don't have a trail name yet. Actually, i have no flipping clue what that word means. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl:1312697
    I will just put this out there for all members to read. I was willing to help someone with a "small" attitude problem and was willing to help him because I noticed his aptitude for hiking the trail, was bringing a unique experience of hiking the trail and having an awesome time... ya try to help someone and then because they cannot get along with mods and other members puts everyone on ignore. In short a person who is basically good and yet immature blogging.. as a group we would reach out to this person and make a difference.

Doesn't take a C+ high school student to figure out who self alienated here on this thread.
    I tried to PM him also. No go.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well do your best

Woo

Just a thought I was having more of a question really. Threads here don't blow up on here like this that often on WB. I was just wondering what the WB record is for number of pages for one thread. Any one know????

Images

Do REI ship SWILF's overseas??

"Threads here don't blow up on here like this that often on WB"

I know I can be quoted as saying that grammar doesn't matter so much here, but geez what a horrible sentence that was. haha!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbx View Post
    Just a thought I was having more of a question really. Threads here don't blow up on here like this that often on WB. I was just wondering what the WB record is for number of pages for one thread. Any one know????
    heck if I didn't open the cafe it might go on forever there's been some great posts. maybe we can all get along

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbx:1312757
    15212 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    ...In short a person who is basically good and yet immature blogging.. as a group we would reach out to this person and make a difference.
    I hear this word all of the time 'blogging'. Bunch of random folks talking on a forum site like this, is that what blogging is? I honestly don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Saprogenic View Post
    I hear this word all of the time 'blogging'. Bunch of random folks talking on a forum site like this, is that what blogging is? I honestly don't know...
    Pretty much. It's the new version of the old blah, blah, blah. - blog, blog, blog.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
++ New Posts ++