WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Images

Angry Gettysburg police searching for those who set hiker on fire

Just saw this. Be careful out there when you are in town!!

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...RJMtSKWvA.cspx
    A Fact Of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says;

W T F...............

KB3SYZ
    -.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

http://shakeyleggs.wordpress.com/

Images

That's horrible. I hope they find them and lock away for a long long time.

Terrible, that is crazy, I'm sure they'll catch these people, to many involved to keep it quiet, lock em up, and throw away the key, or better still.....you know!

this past weekend was Gettysburg's 149th reunion for the reinactors, and friend of mine was there reinacting, and has said in the past the place is packed, hopefully someone will have seen something, and come forward.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-13-2012 at 14:03.

Goes to show you never know when such encounters will happen. I was in Gettysburg 3 days ago, and you'd never think that would happen there.

Images

I guess you do need to carry a gun on trail, to keep you safe when your in towns that is.

Journal Entries
    Images

Pathetic!!!!! This is attempted murder!!! I hope they find all of these people & charge them all with attempted murder & not a politically correct manslaughter or whatever!! When the others that were with these scumbags don't come forward, they are just as guilty as those 2 doing the deed!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Quote Originally Posted by Credit Score View Post
    I guess you do need to carry a gun on trail, to keep you safe when your in towns that is.
    The quick and easy answer. What was he supposed to do have it holstered for easy access, or drop his pack and dig it out? Then shot the guy, had to go to court to defend his action?

Why can't people come up with a more useful suggestions, or comments, such as too bad he didn't know how to fight or martial arts and kicked the guys asses?

Journal Entries
    Images

I guess this is the "Drug Era" of our youth?? Someone would have to be on some pretty hardcore drugs to even think of doing this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutboots View Post
    I guess this is the "Drug Era" of our youth?? Someone would have to be on some pretty hardcore drugs to even think of doing this!!!
    Come on will you. People have done more killings, assults and other stupid **** on alcohol than any other drug. And it's been long before any "drug era" which happened to start before you were born.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    The quick and easy answer. What was he supposed to do have it holstered for easy access, or drop his pack and dig it out? Then shot the guy, had to go to court to defend his action?

Why can't people come up with a more useful suggestions, or comments, such as too bad he didn't know how to fight or martial arts and kicked the guys asses?
    +1 couldnt agree more.

Default Offer of Assistance to hiker from ATC

If anyone knows the hiker who was the victim of this horrific crime, please convey to him that ATC would like to help in any way we can. We have already reached out to the police investigating the crime.

Laurie Potteiger
    ATC
    [email protected]
    (304) 535-2200 x128

Journal Entries
    Images

Come on will you. People have done more killings, assults and other stupid **** on alcohol than any other drug. And it's been long before any "drug era" which happened to start before you were born.
    I have to disagree with ya here Sly, in my youth, I've had my share of drunkeness & smoked tons of weed but never at any time have I ever thought of or known anyone who drove around with flamable liquid to throw on someone & light them on fire : O / & to top it off it was 1pm??? Meth??

Images

sick people out there, you just never know who they are. i always try to keep a low profile w/ locals....
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Images

These days its all about disrespect and street cred. It has become a right of passage for some groups to have harmed or killed someone. Most of these kids have a family member(s) already in jail and its what they know. I worked at a Medical Examiner's Office for the last 6 years (recently changed jobs) and have seen alot of senseless homicides and spent hours working with homicide detectives and families of the victims. Its a sad sad state of mind our youth and young adults today have. In Jacksonville alone over 150 gangs have been identified some have a hundred some are a group of 3 and they have their own rules.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Truly sick people. Probably did it just for kicks.

Images

unfortunate incident i hope they catch the scumbags

Don't respond to people that yell at you as they drive by. That's just stupid. That said, I'm not convinced this was a random crime. It sounds like a set-up. Who rides around with a cup of gas or whatever? Maybe they were looking for a hiker. Who would want to harm a hiker and have access to low life criminals that would do such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by TD55:1311193
    Don't respond to people that yell at you as they drive by. That's just stupid. That said, I'm not convinced this was a random crime. It sounds like a set-up. Who rides around with a cup of gas or whatever? Maybe they were looking for a hiker. Who would want to harm a hiker and have access to low life criminals that would do such a thing?
    Possibly just looking for a victim to prove their street credentials. This kind of random violence is happening. Its part of gang culture.

Images

Actually, they apparently thought he was homeless. They were not targeting hikers, but it sad to see in either casse.

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

? What's more useful than a TOOL that is designed EXPLICITLY to keep at bay, or in the worst case scenario overcome, someone who has evil plans for you?

Martial arts is wonderful. My husband is a 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo. I fully expect that he could adequately handle many aggressive, unstable people who wished to harm us.

But a firearm is more effective, more expedient, and more alarming than any fists of fury. There is NOTHING wrong with carrying a firearm. It is our precious right that many citizens in other countries would give their right arm for.

And yes, as soon as I heard this story, the first thing I thought was, "What a damn shame he didn't have a gun." People will think twice if a 9mm is staring them down, and if you learn to shoot under pressure you can shoot EFFECTIVELY and with reason. Rarely do you shoot to kill; you can shoot someone in their feet, legs, anywhere that would disable them from attacking you.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++