WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1284 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 284 784 1184 1234 1274 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1294 1334 1384 1784 2284 ... LastLast
Results 25,661 to 25,680 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    If we are sharing photos here is one of me without the beard.Attachment 20027
    Nice pic! You look totally different from the "stern Storm" in your profile pic

Quote Originally Posted by OzJacko View Post
    I'm used to it.
    At this time of year we have a bit over half the country having daylight saving.
    It makes most of the east 3 hours ahead of us as we don't have it here.
    You get used to people being on a different time zone.
    I am actually 13 hours ahead of you but I believe you adopt daylight saving soon (10 March?) and that will make the time difference exactly 12 hours which is easy to remember.
    Since you're a day ahead of us, does that means you get the news ahead of us as well?
    Care to give us a few stock market tips? who won the lottery? spoilers from last night's TV shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Since you're a day ahead of us, does that means you get the news ahead of us as well?
    Care to give us a few stock market tips? who won the lottery? spoilers from last night's TV shows?
    Don't forget the Wheel of Fortune.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Not sure why first link isn't a hyperlink, but if you cut & paste it it will give you coordinates.
    Yeah, I got them. Thanks again.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Hey Milkman! How was the swamp?
    I took a short hiatus from the cafe about the same time you went hiking, been trying to catch up since. Still about 30 pages behind, screw it, I'm yellow-blazing to get here with the rest of everybody
    Last edited by Train Wreck; 02-27-2013 at 23:03. Reason: computer freaking out on me

Hey Milkman! How was the swamp?
    I took a short hiatus from the cafe about the same time you went hiking, been trying to catch up since. Still about 30 pages behind, screw it, I'm yellow-blazing to get here with the rest of everybody
    It was a good hike. First 3 days were a little cool by FL standards. Nights 1 and 2 were high 30's and night 3 was low 40's. We had to hike in water also the first 3 days and first thing in the morning feet got a little numb then you finally got used to it by mid-morning to where you feet actually felt better in the water. Hiking into the Everglades Youth Camp on the 3rd day is probably the highlight of the hike as you get a bunk in a cabin if you want and a hot shower and a supper cooked for you with salad. Breakfast in the morning to start out day 4. The last 3 days really warmed up into the low 80's and 60's at night. But it was all dry hiking except for 1 canal crossing that was about low thigh deep. Just barefooted that and that was it. Rained just a bit on night 5 but we were already in the tents and hammocks. Gone by morning. Day 6 is pretty cool as we hike into town to lunch before we hike on over to the beach. The look on the locals and tourists faces is priceless. Hiker trash walking down the street just north of where Tiger Woods and Greg Norman and a bunch of other celebs live. It's was and is a good time.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    It was a good hike. First 3 days were a little cool by FL standards. Nights 1 and 2 were high 30's and night 3 was low 40's. We had to hike in water also the first 3 days and first thing in the morning feet got a little numb then you finally got used to it by mid-morning to where you feet actually felt better in the water. Hiking into the Everglades Youth Camp on the 3rd day is probably the highlight of the hike as you get a bunk in a cabin if you want and a hot shower and a supper cooked for you with salad. Breakfast in the morning to start out day 4. The last 3 days really warmed up into the low 80's and 60's at night. But it was all dry hiking except for 1 canal crossing that was about low thigh deep. Just barefooted that and that was it. Rained just a bit on night 5 but we were already in the tents and hammocks. Gone by morning. Day 6 is pretty cool as we hike into town to lunch before we hike on over to the beach. The look on the locals and tourists faces is priceless. Hiker trash walking down the street just north of where Tiger Woods and Greg Norman and a bunch of other celebs live. It's was and is a good time.
    I just googled the Florida Trail for the first time. I always assumed it was about 500 miles long. I had no idea it was 1400 miles, wow.

I just googled the Florida Trail for the first time. I always assumed it was about 500 miles long. I had no idea it was 1400 miles, wow.
    That doesn't even include the KER. The Key West road walk.
    http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Trail-...ents/53871252/
    Here's a link to the breakdown of the hike. It pretty much went just like this.

Running? Not familiar with the concept.
    Yeah, they say you can not out run a bear, so what's the use of it.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by slow mind View Post
    Attachment 20028 take only pictures!
    I believe in LNT, but that was still really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    I believe in LNT, but that was still really funny.
    Leave No Twig

Hey look at those guys!
    How do they do that?
    Where do we get them long arms??
    All they do is sleep a lot, eat, and reproduce. Not a bad life if you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    My daughter is making up a note to my granddaughter from the tooth fairy explaining how she couldn't walk thru her room without endangering her life and explaining after the room is cleaned she will collect the tooth and bring the money. Smart mom.
    A lot of life is about incentives and rewards. Never too early to learn that.

Images

184063_10200712518960787_478504535_n.jpg Wonder why it took so long to come out?

Sorta like that TV show back in the 90s Early Edition.

184063_10200712518960787_478504535_n.jpg Wonder why it took so long to come out?
    Did TW make that for you or did you make it yourself?

I wonder how man thru hikers are kicking themselves now for not writing it first.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    That doesn't even include the KER. The Key West road walk.
    http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Trail-...ents/53871252/
    Here's a link to the breakdown of the hike. It pretty much went just like this.
    Sounds like a great time.
    Hey, it's supposed to be snowing in the southern Nantahalas this weekend. We're getting all the bad weather out of the way before you start your hike

Images

Found it...on the internet, so it must be real.

Images

It was on the rack right next to this one: 11424_10151277076676837_914461341_n.jpg

++ New Posts ++