WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1487 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 487 987 1387 1437 1477 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1497 1537 1587 1987 ... LastLast
Results 29,721 to 29,740 of 49000

Quote Originally Posted by One Sock View Post
    Brilliant!
    thus I summon the wretched HB to do thy bidding
    the knave cannot resist the lure of the calling haiku, though he struggle mightily, tis in vain

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Are we neck and neck? LOL!! OR Ankle to Ankle?
    I think you stepped on me. I am pretty small you know.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Shorts and t-shirt on the river! 75 degrees. Fun rapids, good company. Perfect!
    Younger son and I were laughing about our tan lines from watching his older brother play baseball the last two days. Burned one of my ears at Spring Training game in Florida on Wednesday. That was not so funny at the time.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    BB, the other day you wanted an example of the difference between experience and wisdom (learning from your mistakes and learning from others mistakes).

TW's canoe trip made me think of another. I had the bright idea many years ago of getting a running start with my wife in the canoe, sorta like a bobsled or luge. Needless to say what works on land does not work so well on water. It was on a lake at her family reunion, and they all enjoyed it (not so much for her).
    That is a good one. Those are the best: When many laugh, the lesson is learned quickly, and not too much pain is experienced.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I think you stepped on me. I am pretty small you know.
    Well I tried to make you "bigger" but you called em fat.... remember? I'll let you pass me again if you'd like....I think this means more to you than meee!!! JK

That is a good one. Those are the best: When many laugh, the lesson is learned quickly, and not too much pain is experienced.
    Yes, it'a a great "word picture" 2... LOL!

Yeah we got pretty wet, but it was a warm sunny day (in Vermont I think), and we dried out soon enough.

Well I tried to make you "bigger" but you called em fat.... remember? I'll let you pass me again if you'd like....I think this means more to you than meee!!! JK
    It's all good. It's just posting. HYOH CYON. Chicken Ankle. 42. Running out of clichés. It is off to bed. Sent AK a PM on a DIY stove. He is a great addition to my resources. I hope you guys understand I am just using you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrWchX5rAU

Just Kidding!!!!!

Feel the love, Mom? Hope I got everything people here said.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    hikermom needs hugs. will everybdy send her hugs please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Anything for HM!!! What's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Um...wow...

HM, can you please PM me? What I wrote was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek and certainly wasn't meant to be insulting towards you. I have a talent for writing things that end up not reading the way that I thought they would, so please accept my apology.
    HN. Hugs to you. I don't know what has you upset but think you should be CK = Caring Karen with the such big heart you have!
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    You go guys!

HikerMomKD - Hugs! I'd send them by PM but your mailbox is full. I hope you didn't think I was piling on in that asinine thread. Sorry if I gave offense.
    I will give her a hug for a pie. Do we have a deal HM?
    Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    She's got my biggest hug...no strings. She and some others who make this place worth belonging to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    For you, mom.

The pie thing is an ongoing joke between us. She would understand and half expect the pie comment. She was the 1st person I interacted with on Whiteblaze, my 1st friend on Whiteblaze, and the one that PM's me the most. Having said that, I agree with you. No strings attached is the right offer. I hope she is just in a funk. I hope to see her on here tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    She's a good kid. Sometimes she just lets stuff get to her because she has a soft heart. It costs her. But I woudn't have it any other way <3
    No snark intended BB. I get the pie thing. I'm counting on Mom. She's the best!
    Below is reply to my post
    +a million
    Below is Reply to Aficion' reply to my post
    I'll double that!
    Morning Hiker Mom, hope today brings good things, you know we all think your pretty neat Lady.
    There has been a HM sighting on another thread. HM, get back in here where you belong. I have a present for you.

Mom.... so good to have you back! Hugs all around. You've been missed and celebrated here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    good to see you mom.
    coach and i are leaving for the airport, pick up oz and daniel. check in with you later
    Quote Originally Posted by S'more View Post
    ok {{{{{{{ hikermom}}}}}}}
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Yaaaaay! HM's back!

(I know we don't agree on everything, but I try at least to be respectful. I hope I didn't give offense, over in that asinine thread. I should know better than to go feeding trolls.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    ok {{{{{{{ hikermom}}}}}}}
    Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    For you HM.

You, are a very strong person, perhaps stronger than you know, glad everything is cool, would not be the same round here without ya don't ever change!
    Last edited by Deer Hunter; 03-16-2013 at 22:59.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Watch it!
    High coup simply means
    everyone here must watch
    very carefully

Glad you posted the list. No snark taken AF. I knew what you meant. Free hugs are the best.

What timing!
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 03-16-2013 at 22:52. Reason: Added "What timing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    BB, the other day you wanted an example of the difference between experience and wisdom (learning from your mistakes and learning from others mistakes).

TW's canoe trip made me think of another. I had the bright idea many years ago of getting a running start with my wife in the canoe, sorta like a bobsled or luge. Needless to say what works on land does not work so well on water. It was on a lake at her family reunion, and they all enjoyed it (not so much for her).
    http://www.westroke.com/blog/2013/2/20/canoe-sledding/
    http://www.westroke.com/blog/2013/2/20/canoe-sledding/

Just Kidding!!!!!
    B B B Bird Bird Bird
    Bird is the word.

How are ya DH.... feelin chipper? Where's my verse?
    Feeling so so, mom. Have a bad tooth I'm dealing with now. I can't seem to get one problem taken care of before another one pops up. Oh well, it could be worse. Sorry if I missed your verse. I just added mine on to somebody elses post.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Wow! That brought back a memory. We used to do something that was more dangerous than that, though we did not understand it at the time. Ever been on a really long toboggan? It is hard to keep your legs in the sled when they are wrapped around the person in front of you. We used to stack as many as we could on one and scream down a hill. It is no wonder we did not lose legs. One winter someone in our town did tear up their leg real bad doing what we were doing.

High coup simply means
    everyone here must watch
    very carefully
    OH MY GOSH!!! I did miss quite a few of them.. I feel so bad I didn't watch close enough! I love you guys sooo much!! Thanks so much everyone of you!! Thanks Deer Hunter... that must have taken a long time to find. I'm sitting here crying.... I knew how much I loved y'all but I didn't know how much you loved me back! MM- FB messaged me too.. thanks MM!! I'm sorry about my inbox being full too!

B B B Bird Bird Bird
    Bird is the word.
    One last act. Good night all.

TW, see I had the right idea, just the wrong surface.

When we were at the Vicksburg Battlefield on the way back from NC at Thanksgiving my youngest son wanted to know if we could come back when it snowed. He loves sledding and wanted to go down those steep hills. I am sure he would think sledding in a canoe would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Feeling so so, mom. Have a bad tooth I'm dealing with now. I can't seem to get one problem taken care of before another one pops up. Oh well, it could be worse. Sorry if I missed your verse. I just added mine on to somebody elses post.
    No prob, DH. Is there anything you can do to get that tooth fixed in a hurry? I don't like tooth pain.. I had to have a root canal... thought I would die before I could get to the dentist.

++ New Posts ++