WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Japanese Resturants?

My hiking bud and I were just discussing the Trail over a Japanese lunch, and I said "won't you miss this on the Trail?", and he said, "maybe we can find Japanese!".

Well, how 'bout it --- any Japanese resturants along the way? Good, bad or otherwise?
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Shey
    My hiking bud and I were just discussing the Trail over a Japanese lunch, and I said "won't you miss this on the Trail?", and he said, "maybe we can find Japanese!".

Well, how 'bout it --- any Japanese resturants along the way? Good, bad or otherwise?
    I'm in New York, and when you are near the RPH shelter you are only a 10 minute drive from Hopewell Junction, which has a very good sushi place.

As a matter of fact, anywhere in Dutchess County, NY is only about 1/2 hour drive from Poughkeepsie, which has a couple of good sushi places. You're in Dutchess from the Shenandoah Tenting Area until you leave New York.

Default You'll need to hithch a ride to get there...

...but there are a couple good places in Allentown, PA.

The Yokohama in Gorham, N.H. claims Japanese food. I don't know how authentic, but the portions are enormous for what you pay. Pretty good food too. Anyway, it's on the main road on the Hiker's Paradise side of the McDonalds.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

On the 25-year Installment Plan dperry's Avatar
    Images

Mr. Tarlin can confirm this for me, but I dined at a Chinese place in Hanover once, and if I remember correctly, they also served Japanese. I would think that somewhere in the Valley (Hanover/Lebanon/WR Jct.) there's got to be at least one Japanese place.
    David Perry
    79.1 down, 2,101.9 to go.

Warwick, NY - 3 miles from Wildcat Shelter on AT
    Images

The Gasho House in Central Valley, NY (highly recommended) is about 8 miles north on NY17/NY 32 from the AT crossing of NY 17 in Arden.
    Aaron

++ New Posts ++