WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Coffee To Go -- Anyone have any word on how he's doing?

In April of this year, I had the pleasure of hiking for a day (as a day hiker) with thru hiker Coffee To Go, a young man from Germany.

2 months later, in a blog post by thru hiker Stats, I read that Coffee To Go had to be evacuated out from the area around Dan's Pulpit. Another hiker found him laying on the ground in the fetal position cold, clammy, blue, and vomiting, according to what Stats posted. Here's that post by Stats:
    http://atstats.blogspot.com/2012/06/...nacle-and.html (see the 6th bullet point under NOTES)

Does anyone have any follow-up on Coffee To Go? Here's a picture of him (he's the one in the center):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nc_hiker/6937565446/

Default Coffee To Go -- Anyone have any word on how he's doing?

I spent a night camping with him at Pioneers Shelter a little over 2 weeks ago. He's a super nice guy. We had some nice conversations about Germany and camping. Haven't seen anything on him since, but he was doing great and enjoying himself.

Oh, thanks so much for the fast reply. SOOOOOOO glad to hear he recovered AND his continuing his hike!! Great news!

Images

Thanks for the update. I hiked a few miles with him coming out of SNP. Great guy, glad to hear he's back hiking. I had wondered how he was doing after reading about his problem.

Yep. I was doing a small section/shakedown here in NY. Thought I was going to have the shelter to myself and about 2 hours later, in rolls Coffee! Hope he's continuing to do well. Should be in Vermont by now if nothing slowed him up. The funny part was he said 2 of his buddies were going to be there. By about 10 nothing. Then with a thud and laughter, in rolls Einstein and another funny guy I didn't catch the name of..rolled in after 11. Good group of guys right there. Coffee and I had a fun time with tent site selection. First time we didnt notice a widow maker about 25 feet above his tent so he ended up moving over. What a fun time.

++ New Posts ++