WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Stop Your Snoring on AT

Hey, alright, I confess, I am a snorer. I mean, big time snorer! When I snore the ground shakes! My son came home for some time off from the USAF a few years back and showed me what he used to stop snoring at night.

Pure Sleep snoring solution. You can see it at: PureSleep.com

It looks like a mouthpiece we wore when playing football in school. You purchase it, get it home and your custom fit it to your teeth and mouth.

Neat thing about it is, it works! I don't snore, don't wake myself up anymore and its sure worth the money. I intend to bring it on AT and so am pushing it so I don't have to listen to others snoring!! (ha, ha).

OK you happy campers . . . .er, ah, uh, hikers -happing snorning!
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

I've always been leery of products that don't give you the price up front. Try it for 30 days, only $9.95 shipping. That's after you give them a credit card number.

OK, how much did your mouth piece set you back?

Journal Entries
    Images

If I remember right, it was about $60.00 You'll have to remember my son had one and he told me they really work. Stopped his snoring stone cold. So I now have two of them! (I travel a lot). They really work.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

That's awesome, do they make one for a Dog, she's snores worse then I ever did...sheeeez, glad that's working for you, it really is a big deal for the ones you love, it can bring some to divorce, or so I've heard. Hey whatever works

Journal Entries
    Images

Dave admits to snoring? go home its almost midnight ...good night.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Default Stop Your Snoring on AT

I use Breathe Right nasal strips and they help. If anything, it opens my nasal passages to help me breath easier. Doesn't eliminate my snoring, but does help reduce it.
    -------------------------------------------
    ~Brian

“I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.”
    -- L.M. Montgomery

GA-ME 2011
    Images

If I stopped snoring I'd have to change my trail name!
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

If it works so well,will we get more visits from critters?

It may work in the comfort of your home but can you imagine how dirty nasty that thing would get on a thru hike?

Wonder what funky stuff would grow all over it after throwing it in a ziplock bag stuffed inside a dark backpack all day long?

It'd make me think twice of popping it in my mouth before bed time......
    Last edited by Spokes; 07-24-2012 at 12:18.

That's what a toothbrush and toothpaste are for.. OH THE HORROR, you'd have to carry more toothpaste. We just can't have that. Too much weight.

Images

Any serious snorer should be checked for sleep apnea. Losing 10% of your body weight will reduce snoring and sleep apnea. I went from SNORING and mild sleep apnea to snoring and no sleep apnea after losing weight. I have a cousin who had bad sleep apnea and got a CPAP; his improved sleep gave him the energy to exercise more and lose weight

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    It may work in the comfort of your home but can you imagine how dirty nasty that thing would get on a thru hike?

Wonder what funky stuff would grow all over it after throwing it in a ziplock bag stuffed inside a dark backpack all day long?
    Then don't put it in a dark backpack at all. Put it up on top, in the UV sunlight. Same stuff a Steri-pen generates to sterilize water.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Newly approved devices/procedures for apnea and snoring:

http://www.pillarprocedure.com/

http://www.proventtherapy.com/index.php

I have apnea that won't be alleviated by weight loss, and can't go more than a couple days without the cpap machine. Looking into these as alternatives for my thru next year, otherwise I will be very unpopular and tired.
    "A frog in a well does not know the great ocean" - Japanese Proverb

Hike Prep Blog - http://psrat.blogspot.com/

Images

spent a night in a shelter in maine with a dude who must have had apnea, he kept us up all night. we should have been suspicious when his hiking companion set up camp about 100 yards away from the shelter!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Then don't put it in a dark backpack at all. Put it up on top, in the UV sunlight. Same stuff a Steri-pen generates to sterilize water.

RainMan

lol. That's about as good as duct taping it to your hiking poles.

I was surprised at how quickly I got used to the snoring and it didnt bother me....
    "Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, smoldering and totally worn out, shouting...Holy S*#t...what a ride"

On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. Probably cost him $3 and everyone slept great.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyPack627 View Post
    On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. ......
    Be glad it was a bag of ear plugs instead of corks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes:1316421
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyPack627 View Post
    On the LT there was a guy who carried a big bag of ear plugs for people because he snored. ......
    Be glad it was a bag of ear plugs instead of corks.......
    There would be many things I wouldnt want to see a bag of!

The fact is snoring can be the result of a variety of elements. Snoring solutions should begin finding the particular factor that mainly cause the snoring of the particular person person. As soon as determined, just then is one able to find methods on how to cope with his/her individual situation, whether or not it’s curable, whether it would require financial surrender and if the outcome can really make up the things you need to give up simply to stop snoring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++