WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2013 Thru-Hikers let's Tough Mudder

I am checking to see if anyone else would be interested in getting off the trail next year on June 1 or 2nd to participate in the New England Tough Mudder. My girlfriend and I are starting on March 17 and figure we should be in the general area to get to this specific Tough Mudder. The idea is that we will probably be in the best shape of our lives (or at least close). I can't think of a better place to find people that just may be crazy enough to want to try it.

P.s. I have done a Warrior Dash and it was amazingly fun.

Dina and Ty
    Team Pro-Mad

My wife and did one last February in GA. Freezing the whole time. Our GA Tough Mudder - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOOfu6P24Bs
    We're also doing two this October (TX and SC). They're great!

Cool, I thought maybe some people doing the trail next year would be interested in adding another experience to their resume but I guess not. I am hoping they will release the dates for the Run for your Lives 2013 so we could possible work that in too.

OH

MY

GOD!

This is the coolest thing ever! Just spend a couple of hours on the Tough Mudder website and I love it!

Hi, my name is Dennis, 30 years old and from the Netherlands. Next year I'll be comin to the states on a 6 month visa to attempt a thru hike of the AT. I'll be starting the 22nd of march. I would love to be a part of your team for the tough mudder event but I'm not sure how I have to arrange it.

Just a couple of questions that come to mind:

Are you guys going for the Pennsylvania one on the first and second of june?
    Do I have to buy an event ticket online?
    How are you going from the trail to the event and vice versa?
    Will there be a place to stay or where I can set up my tent?

Let me know,

Greetings from Holland,

Dennis

PS Just opened the run for your lives website, already love it!!

I might be interested but the electricity thing kind of freaks me out. Although who knows how many times I'll have been hit by lightening by then?
    We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anyone tell you any different!
    - Kurt Vonnegut

One of my good friends got into these Tough Mudders a few years ago and now does a few every year.
    He told me the other day that he signed up for this one in New England.
    He loves them.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Sorry guys I posted the wrong dates or they changed the dates it's August 17 18

Dutchie, I will try to answer your questions. We are going to sign up for the one in New England on August 18 (it hasn't been opened for registration yet, but you can sign up for the e-mail) You will have to sign up online when it opens up (Team Pro-Mad), not sure on the transportation thing yet worse case we take a bus. Once we get to the site we will be able we might be able to camp at the site if not we could stay at a hotel (split costs) I hope this helps I hope you decide to tough mudder with us.

Whiplashem, I hear ya about the electricity. Hopefully none on the lightning strikes or I will make sure to avoid you during storms. I hope you will decide to join us.

Sweet fiddlehead, so you have another reason to do it so you can tough mudder with your friend.

Take care everyone when more info is available I will make sure to post it.

So I did some checking. If they do the New England at the same place the did it this year (Mt. Snow) it will only be 25 miles from Benington, Vt which has a post office listed for the vermont section. So it's not that far from the trail but we would have to figure out where we would be at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiplashEm View Post
    I might be interested but the electricity thing kind of freaks me out. Although who knows how many times I'll have been hit by lightening by then?
    Hilarious!

I got friends trying to drag me to one of those. I can't find a good reason to continue putting it off as a few I know who have been thought it was a great day.

The more I think about electrocution the less it bothers me. Do you know about when they'll open registration?
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I just signed up for the registration email.

I'm a little nervous about the electricity thing too, but if thousands of people do it every year how bad can it be...

634808009220087654.jpgI can't wait I need some tough mudder pics to go with my Warrior Dash ones. LOL

Nice! Looks like a good time
    - Kurt Vonnegut

sounds good, planning on starting my hike a week or so later than you, but id be interested

On the other hand, I just happened to check out the registration fee and I'm going to have to back out...
    - Kurt Vonnegut

On the other hand, I just happened to check out the registration fee and I'm going to have to back out...
    All you got to do is save 20 bucks out of each pay check and you got the 85 or 95 bucks easy.

I know but I'm having serious money anxiety right now as it is. I'll hold the idea in my head for a little while and see if it sticks. If it does, I'll do it.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Possible team shirt if we get enough people interested, feedback?

I know but I'm having serious money anxiety right now as it is. I'll hold the idea in my head for a little while and see if it sticks. If it does, I'll do it.
    I hope you will decide its worth wild. I understand the money anxiety, I am going to quit my job in February that I have had for almost 8 years. It is a little scary but exciting at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++