WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

T-shirt looks pretty cool.... i just hope it doesn't really end with the Tough Mudder! Yeah I'm quitting my job of over 6 years to do this, not having an income source is really the only thing that freaks me out about it all. Life's an adventure, what's gonna happen will happen I guess. Are you guys already registered for it?
    We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anyone tell you any different!
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks, it won't end there. My girlfriend and I made some pretty heavy decisions about this. We decided that we don't want to live like everyone else, this is just the begining we are going to be profesional nomads (hence Pro-Mad) when we are done with the AT we are going to find jobs for 5-6 months and then go on another adventure(PCT 2014) and just keep doing that for the rest of our lives or until we burn out. It isn't officially open yet we signed up for the newsletter, so as soon as it opens they will notify us.

Sounnds pretty sweet.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Same here. Gonna quit my job (teaching), but gonna do it with a big smile! After the AT I'm planning on going to New Zealand on a working visa.

I like the t-shirt, hope we can get a nice group of thru-hikers together. I'm definately down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Same here. Gonna quit my job (teaching), but gonna do it with a big smile! After the AT I'm planning on going to New Zealand on a working visa.

I like the t-shirt, hope we can get a nice group of thru-hikers together. I'm definately down!
    Sweet, what sort of work are you going to do in NZ? Go back to teaching?

Any work I can get. It would be nice to get a teaching job (i'm a P.E. teacher btw) but i'm not sure if that is possible. Maybe some fruit picking.

I like the way you guys are gonna be professional nomads. Do you have to find a new job everytime you come back from a trip?

how much this going to cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by v0v18 View Post
    how much this going to cost me?
    If you register the first week it will be $95 for saturday or $85 for sunday. After that you will have to check the site to find out. But remember you get a t-shirt, head band, a beer, memories and any mud stuck to you. Plus you can get a free tough mudder tattoo if you'd like.

Will we be doing the Saturday or the Sunday?
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by WhiplashEm View Post
    Will we be doing the Saturday or the Sunday?
    That can be up to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Any work I can get. It would be nice to get a teaching job (i'm a P.E. teacher btw) but i'm not sure if that is possible. Maybe some fruit picking.

I like the way you guys are gonna be professional nomads. Do you have to find a new job everytime you come back from a trip?
    Yeah we will have to find new jobs every time but it will leave us the chance to move all around the US.

What's everyone day preference? My guess is Sat. will be more of a party atmosphere and Sun. will be less crowded (and $10 cheaper)

My first inclination is Sunday because I'm cheap but at that point I might be willing to pay $10 extra for a good partay so i guess I'm up for anything
    - Kurt Vonnegut

It doesn't really matter to me what day. I think you have a good point with saturday being more of a party atmosphere. And after being on the trail for so long I think I could use a good party!

I would consider this. I plan on starting 3/11/13. I did the Tough Mudder in Wisconsin in 2011 and it was great. Would like to do another.

...and the electricity isn't that bad. You're through that obstacle in like 4 seconds and a lot of people don't even get shocked (I did, and wasn't bad at all).

Quote Originally Posted by robertblake60 View Post
    I would consider this. I plan on starting 3/11/13. I did the Tough Mudder in Wisconsin in 2011 and it was great. Would like to do another.

...and the electricity isn't that bad. You're through that obstacle in like 4 seconds and a lot of people don't even get shocked (I did, and wasn't bad at all).
    Awesome we need a Tough Mudder veteran, I don't know about everyone else but I am so stoked to go on the trail next year already I might have a breakdown waiting.

Also here is a link to the New England 2 Official Tough Mudder video at Mt. Snow
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gsa0p5Q...layer_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad to see this post. Im doing one in austin tx in 3 weeks. Ill report back and let everyone know what my experience was like. mmm electrocicity, mud, miles, ice. sounds like a future AT'ers dream.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolsey View Post
    Glad to see this post. Im doing one in austin tx in 3 weeks. Ill report back and let everyone know what my experience was like. mmm electrocicity, mud, miles, ice. sounds like a future AT'ers dream.
    Have fun, can't wait to hear about it.

For anyone interested Run for your Lives 2013 schedule is up! We will be registering for the Sept. 14 2013 event in Dalton, Georgia(got to go back to get the Jeep after we finish AT so timing works out perfect)

I hope everyone is still interested, I am a little surprised they still haven't opened registration for the event. I guess patience is a virtue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++