WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Question weight of HH Explorer Ultralight Asym (w/o fly)

Ultimately, I'm wanting to know the total weight of the HH Explorer UL Asym w/ the new Hex Fly/1.9#, (instead of regular fly), including snakeskins. What's my total package weigh,,,, any know?? Thanks!

Review the HH website, they have weights listed. You can also send an e-mail to them and they will most likely respond.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rpettit
    Review the HH website, they have weights listed. You can also send an e-mail to them and they will most likely respond.
    The website only lists total weight of hammocks w/ regular fly,, doesn't list them separately, except the new hex fly @ 1.9#. No response to 2 emails in past few weeks & no response to phone msgs, (I understand they're busy).

my explorer ultralight a-sym w/ snakeskins and hex fly comes in at 52.75oz (3lb.4.75oz). Kinda heavy but i really like the larger fly.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by procrastinator
    my explorer ultralight a-sym w/ snakeskins and hex fly comes in at 52.75oz (3lb.4.75oz). Kinda heavy but i really like the larger fly.
    Thanks Procrastinator! Is your total weight w/ the PU coated polyester hex fly or the "lighter" silicone impregnated nylon hex fly? Just wondering?

Couldn't help but notice your join date is today & your response was your 1st post. Could this be true?! If so, welcome to Whiteblaze!! You've found a great site!

Images

Default HH Explorer ASY Ultralite

My HH Explorer Ultralite Asym weighs 29.2 oz with the snake-skins but without the stock fly. I use a custom tarp 9.5 x 9.5 (20 oz with all the tie-outs) as the fly.

Yeah...that weight is w/ the polyester.
    And yes, that was my first post(as you can tell by my name it takes me awhile to get around to things).
    Thanks for the welcome!

++ New Posts ++