WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Well, Wise Old Owl, I think you said this sign was posted and the trail was next to a road? I'd think about taking my dog and just bouncing over to walk on the road. Would that work?
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Journal Entries
    Images

After the conversation with the person who installed the sign I could tell she didn't think of that and that's exactly what I did when I first saw it. Who knew?

I told her I too was going to hike elsewhere because of it, I think she got a little hurt over that statement because so many other folk in the township said the same thing. Too late now.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by jockellis View Post
    At this school, do you have to walk across the property to follow the trail or is there a way around? Maybe the thing to do is paint your staff white with a red tip, wear sunglasses and make it look like your dog is leading a blind guy along the trail. If they can be silly, we should be able to do the same thing.
    No, you should not PRETEND you are blind and that your dog is a seeing eye dog just so you can take your dog where it is not wanted. That's just downright offensive to every blind person/dog team out there.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well I didn't and it was an interesting idea - lets give this a pass on the fact as a group its unlikely that we would do that.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++