WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 4,000 cumulative miles running

This week I finally went past the 4,000 miles running mark and I'm pretty happy about it. It took me several years and a helluva lot of injuries and recovery time. But I never thought I could do it because I used to be a smoker and never ran at all. I could hike all day and never get tired, but I couldn't run. I've lost 36 lbs in not quite 3 years, too. Now half marathons are easy, and barring injury I'm looking forward to my first 50-mile ultra race this fall.

If you want to run and keep a log, you can go to www.runnersworld.com and get one for free. Enter your daily run miles and time, and it will calculate pace, etc. It also keeps cumulative stats and lots of other stuff.

Distance: 4003.3 Mi
    Time: 662:58:39
    (27 days, 14 hours)

To give perspective:
    New York to LA: 2,777
    Lexington, KY to Anchorage, AK: 3,947
    New York to Paris: 3,722

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!! My husband starting running about a year ago and he just hit his 1000 miles. Right now he is training for a 50k trail run. I'm not a runner - the Army cured me of that - but I respect those who love it :-)

That's awesome! I quit smoking and started running earlier this year and I've been going through a rough patch lately so this is very encouraging. Thanks for posting!
    We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anyone tell you any different!
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Woo hoo! Good stuff!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Congratulations! I started running a year ago, then got sidelined for 5 months due to injury (sfx) but have started again. It has proved to be a lot more fun than I expected. I'd still rather go backpacking, but since that's impossible right now, running fills the need to be out there moving.

Images

You figured out how many pair of shoes that took?

One question arises though: If you run from New York to Paris, do you need really good snorkeling gear?

Outstanding John, thank you for the motivation!

++ New Posts ++