WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

tideblazer
    Images

Default Life after the Appalachian Trail -a new video on you tube

Howdy everybody,

It's been a while since I posted on here but I thought this recent video done about my time after the AT would interest some of you.

It features me plus commentary of Adder (AT '01) and where I had to go to keep the "trail life" kicking.

http://youtu.be/6oKeARjm020

take care everybody. enjoy every step.

Tha Wookie
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Good for you Wookie! Great vid. Nice to see you living the good life and following your own path. Wishing you the best

Just watched the segment. Very nice. Always enjoy reading and listening about the Wookie's adventures.

BTW, are the banana's really sweeter down there or just a freaky perception thing?

Cheers!

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Thanks, Wookie. You have done it again. Sand and ocean, such a beach guy! And your sustainable farm is truly awesome.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Amazing video! Congrats on making each day count!

Images

Very nice! Thanks for posing the link.

I especially like your mother's comments at the end. Wise lady.

And congratulations to you and Island Mama!
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

tideblazer
    Images

Well, many varieties are sweeter than the cavendish, the one you always see in the stores in the states. Some are not as sweet, and are used more for cooking. Still others have certain tastes, like the honey banana and bacuba. The real point is that there is a lot of variety with bananas when you are in the tropics. The same applies to avocados, mangoes, passion fruit, and so on..... the common import store selection is really not a selection.
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

I might have missed it, but what type of work does Adder do now? Does he ever visit?

Images

glad to see you're well wookie, that piece on you & the farm was pretty amazing!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Nice video. St. Croix is awesome. Back in the 70's I lived there for a short time. Never saw myself as an expat though, it is US territory. Glad to see Ms Buffett got thru 25 minutes without once invoking her daddy's name. A refreshing change!

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
    I might have missed it, but what type of work does Adder do now? Does he ever visit?
    Adder works for Oracle. He's a manager's manager or something like that. He still hikes, piecing together the pinhoti trail leading up to Springer, and other things. By pure coincidence, he was was down here near us in the BVIs and I went to visit him there with his wife. The video above was released the next day, on his 10th wedding anniversary and in between our dates of finishing in August 2001. thanks for asking

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    Nice video. St. Croix is awesome. Back in the 70's I lived there for a short time. Never saw myself as an expat though, it is US territory. Glad to see Ms Buffett got thru 25 minutes without once invoking her daddy's name. A refreshing change!
    Yeah I agree. It's a very grey "ex-pat" status. It is the US, but it's not at the same time. I just said whatever and went with it.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Jim Cantore tells us that you are in for a bit of weather in the next few days. I wonder how you handle tropical storms and hurricanes at your place. Good luck.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Wookie View Post
    Yeah I agree. It's a very grey "ex-pat" status. It is the US, but it's not at the same time. I just said whatever and went with it.
    I wonder if St. Croix is still mostly rural? Back in the 70's there wasn't much outside of town except the refinery.

Images

That was excellent thanks for sharing. I lived in the Bahamas for 14 years and the life style was slow and easy and beautiful. My plans are to retire in Panama City, Panama just can't get enough.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    I wonder if St. Croix is still mostly rural? Back in the 70's there wasn't much outside of town except the refinery.
    There are more neighborhoods but in large it's escaped most of the development you see on the other islands..... where I am is like living in a national park

++ New Posts ++