WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Pa section

Default Pa section

I'm planning on doing the Pa section of the NCT next summer. Have the maps ordered, anything else I need to know?

Outside the ANF, you must be mindful where you set up camp. Allot of private land and state parks and game lands. Once inside the ANF, diverse camping is the rule. Please practice Leave No Trace policies. We, in the ANF, have made a few re-route that are not on the maps. Watch the signage and blazes and you'll have no problem. Any specific questions, just contact me,,, nct001verizon.net
    Just a trail grunt in Pennsyl-tucky

I love the ANF, I cut my hiking teeth over there and I've taken my kids on their first backpacking trips there as well. Minister Creek is a special place for my family. What am I looking at mileage wise in Pa? 130-150 miles?

AndyB Total mileage for Pa. is just under 300. The ANF chapter alone got 100 trail miles. And ,, Minister Creek trail is just about 1/2 way thru the ANF.

130-150 in ANF is what I meant...hope to do the whole thing in August, but will do ANF at least...

Contact by e-mail before you get here. I've got maps and points of interest. May even be able to shuttle you.

What is the shelter situation currently on the NCT in the ANF? I am correct in assume that several already exist and a couple more are planned?

++ New Posts ++