WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Caveman of Ohio's Avatar
    Images

Default Shuttle from Pittsfield to Williamstown?

Be arrriving on September 8 around 4:30 pm. Looking for a shuttle to the Pine Cobble Trailhead. Anyone know a service in this area?

Images

There is bus service, http://www.berkshirerta.com/schedules.php Are you coming in by train? If so, just a heads up, passenger service is really poor relative to schedules as freight take precedence. Good luck, enjoy your hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman of Ohio View Post
    Be arrriving on September 8 around 4:30 pm. Looking for a shuttle to the Pine Cobble Trailhead. Anyone know a service in this area?
    I just went through this a couple weeks ago. Sounds like you're coming in on Amtrak. When the train drops you off, walk down to the road and flag down the bus, that goes by about 5:10 pm. Be sure to catch this one, it's the last bus of the day.

Tell the driver you want to transfer to the no. 1 bus to North Adams. The driver will give you a transfer ticket. Be sure to have $2.50 with you because the driver won't make change.

By the time you get to North Adams, the Williamstown bus will have stopped for the day. I stayed at the Williamstown Motel and I called and asked the manager to come pick me up, which he did.

Hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the way to get to the Pine Cobble trail, Rt. 2 circles around to become Housic (sp?)road. Pine Cobble is a paved street and the trail starts at the top of the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's also the Birdcage and another hostel/trail angel in North Adams. This was on '07 so I'm not sure if they're still operating.
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

++ New Posts ++