WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Too much drama!

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    I see the makings of a trail name.....how about.......DramaMamma.

Nah Hikermom will do just fine.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Nah Hikermom will do just fine.
    I have a hunch she's a real sweetheart, looking forward to meeting her one day.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Yes she is, and hopefully you will. She's always there for folks passing through her neck of the trail....
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

ive met hikermom and she is a pure soul with a good heart.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Sometimes old threads hold a lot of wisdom.
    and some are like septic tanks
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

+1........................
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

She is DB. She needs to work on her Yahtzee playing though.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

she's a very nice lady. very giving.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Funny that I never saw this thread before. I was definitely lurking at the time.
    Reading through it, I learned a bit more about a handful of WB personalities.
    Sad to see several names in the thread that appear to be no longer active.
    Nor did I, think it was when I was on my self imposed sabbatical (walkabout). Thanks for the vote of confidence Rasty, but we know now that's not exactly true...but I try, I really try.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Nor did I, think it was when I was on my self imposed sabbatical (walkabout). Thanks for the vote of confidence Rasty, but we know now that's not exactly true...but I try, I really try.
    I give you a thumbs up. I always like your posts.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Journal Entries
    Images

jheesh I just reread the whole thing... wow 2012 and Rasty - it was a joke...

KK up above - damn that's good...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

You know what I'm gonna do next time someone hurts my ego? Not a damn thing

Sent from my U670C using Tapatalk 2

I give you a thumbs up. I always like your posts.
    Thanks DH, and I you, never a cross word, same with Mountain Mike both gentlemen, thru and thru.

Quote Originally Posted by TOW View Post
    You know what I'm gonna do next time someone hurts my ego? Not a damn thing

Sent from my U670C using Tapatalk 2
    Me tooooooo........

Journal Entries

I had similar thoughts as Rasty a few months ago. Myself and several others were caught up in slamming Dakota Joe for no real reason. It started to get out of control and I finally realized that I didn't like acting in the way that I was. I reached out to DJ when he was passing through my town on his was to the trail. We had dinner together and became friends. I even had a chance to hike with him for a while just north of Neels Gap. All this wouldn't have happened if I continued with all the bull ****. Glad I stopped and even more pleased that I have another friend.
    RIAP

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor66 View Post
    I had similar thoughts as Rasty a few months ago. Myself and several others were caught up in slamming Dakota Joe for no real reason. It started to get out of control and I finally realized that I didn't like acting in the way that I was. I reached out to DJ when he was passing through my town on his was to the trail. We had dinner together and became friends. I even had a chance to hike with him for a while just north of Neels Gap. All this wouldn't have happened if I continued with all the bull ****. Glad I stopped and even more pleased that I have another friend.
    It happens to everybody. You said something you wished you hadn't and then it's too late. I think most of us on here have known each other long enough and have read enough good stuff from each other to realize they really didn't mean that. I try and not hold anything against anyone and just let it pass and it will work it's way out. Give everybody the benefit of the doubt. I only hope that when I say something stupid people realize from my good stuff that that's not the way I intended it to come out and can let it slide. I try to do that with everybody. It usually works out for the best as in your case.
    I
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    It happens to everybody. You said something you wished you hadn't and then it's too late. I think most of us on here have known each other long enough and have read enough good stuff from each other to realize they really didn't mean that. I try and not hold anything against anyone and just let it pass and it will work it's way out. Give everybody the benefit of the doubt. I only hope that when I say something stupid people realize from my good stuff that that's not the way I intended it to come out and can let it slide. I try to do that with everybody. It usually works out for the best as in your case.
    I
    I just realized that was my first post in this thread. On a 2 year old one at that. That doesn't happen often.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Journal Entries
    Images

It happens, I was worse a long time ago prior to the WB Shutdown... things do get better, all I can say is I cannot fix the past... I can try to improve in the future.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    I just realized that was my first post in this thread. On a 2 year old one at that. That doesn't happen often.
    Nice signature song!

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Nice signature song!
    Thanks DH. You hear that everybody. DH ain't foolin'. Click on and hear for yourself. Might change your mind about walkin' in the fog.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++