WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Leonidas

I would just plan to carry 2 litres or so to get me through the 6 miles the next day. Depending on how much water you use for morning meal and drink in 6 miles, the requirement may be more or less. If you are doing dinner at camp then increase if needed.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

That's a good point. I think I'll carry in 3-4L. I like to start my days with at least 2L. That'll give me more than enough to do what I need to do around camp with a lot of room for error.

I'm with the GATC and help maintain the side trail leading to Whitley Gap shelter. From the parking lot of Hogpen I can hike to the shelter in 30 minutes, and I'm 60. The shelter is not used a lot due to the distance off the AT. It has plenty of tent sites and trees for hammocks. The privy now has a roof on it. Going down is not bad but it is steep getting out, but only for a short distance. Water is flowing very well as of 10-10-17. If you or anyone else goes be sure to leave your comments in the log and please take your trash with you. Thank You.............

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    I'm with the GATC and help maintain the side trail leading to Whitley Gap shelter. From the parking lot of Hogpen I can hike to the shelter in 30 minutes, and I'm 60. The shelter is not used a lot due to the distance off the AT. It has plenty of tent sites and trees for hammocks. The privy now has a roof on it. Going down is not bad but it is steep getting out, but only for a short distance. Water is flowing very well as of 10-10-17. If you or anyone else goes be sure to leave your comments in the log and please take your trash with you. Thank You.............
    Hey Hog! Thanks for the great work along the spur trail to the Whitely Gap shelter. I am up there several times a year during hunting season and the trail and shelter always look great. I have always wondered what is the purpose of the rock box at the spring. Any idea?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++